An Adventure (F!Jesse X M!Jesse)

Jade is our female Jesse and James is the male Jesse.

[「-」]

They started from different universes where they were both the chosen ones. It was cliché, but they both accepted their duties bravely. They were similar in many ways, such as they were always accompanied by two friends. Jade had Axel and Olivia by her side whilst James had Petra and Lukas. Not to mention, both had a love for old-time dressing styles that came in suspenders and overalls.

Although, the differences they had always were fun to poke at. James, compared to Jade, had shot through the roof in height and he leaned on her. Jade was shorter but she wasn't lanky, rather, she was more broad-shouldered.  Another difference was Jade's fear of heights that were eventually thrown out the window when James brought her to his jungle tree-house that had a wonderful view of the sunset.

Jade and James both agreed as they laughed that the chosen one for the other dimensions must be similar as countless had said they were both caring, brave, and strong-willed people. 

They were sharing pies and nights together where they looked at the stars. It was peaceful as if they were sitting across each other on a small sailboat. They would lean against the sides and sing their favorite songs to each other. Jade would point to the constellations her mother taught her and James would strum his air guitar.

Once they hopped off to see the trees and grass flowing like silk in the wind, a robed man with long black hair caught their eyes. Both of them looked at him with narrowed eyes. "Who is he?" was asked and tossed around. When he introduced himself, he was rude and unreasonable snobby. 

He was also the reason their journey started rocky and people shouted at each other. But, James would cry when he was thrown into the abyss as they crowded against the cold, stone walls. He would weep in Jade's arms as he took a glimpse at the pit of pitch black that echoed in cries of "go, you fools!"

Jade would hug him after each night and she would watch him as he carved the man's name into the largest rock in the forest. "Goodbye, Ivor," he said before he took a few steps towards Jade to give her a kiss.

"Onward..." Jade told him, "He would've said... he would've told us to go on. He would've shouted 'adventure' as we took off." Jade gazed into James's eyes. 

"You're right," James nodded his head when Jade released him from a hug. "Adventure!" He shouted to the four adventurers sitting at the edge of a flower field.

They stepped onto a raft with a red sail. James picked up a guitar that sat at the raft's edge. He spun it around, wondering why someone would leave something like a guitar on a raft that was tattered. 

That night, Jade taught the names of stars to her old friends and new allies while James strummed his guitar, and sang songs. He sang love songs and melodies of journies made by the unexpected.

When they made it to shore, they all gazed around in wonder. The town was made of buildings of clay, red with the sun's heat. They crossed roads and paths to find the warm clay that made up this place. They saw the beauty of a town that was dead.

Jade climbed onto a building and watched as the long path of warm, red sand lead them further from their homes. They all watched the sun follow a path as well, spinning in circles. The heat pounded on their backs.

The journey was soon fights made of clinking armor and clashing swords. Each adventurer had a scar running down somewhere. It was scrapes and wounds that littered the bodies of each species: still alive or not. 

The town was small. It was around a pillar of light. The light came from a crystal that shined a brilliant blue then shot a beam of white, sunshine-like light into the sky. It glittered as Jade turned her head. She watched James crouch next to it and then sat down.

The universe wanted them here. It wanted them to create a town around the crystal and live until they were sick and tired. So sick and tired that they would adventure again. They would have to travel and fight.

The four did. They went further after so long. They went to gather knowledge, power, friends, and adventure. 

Jade and James only built a sailboat and sailed on the pond. Jade watched the stars and James sang songs.

"Kind of anti-climatic, huh?" James said to Jade one night. When she turned her head to gaze into James's eyes, she raised an eyebrow.

"Yeah, I mean, the universe had to throw us together for us to find a town and move here." Jade hummed as she opened the sails a bit more. "Though, I'm glad."

James smiled at her and he strummed his guitar. "Guess not all stories end with famous heroes and gold."