Finding The Somewhere Only We Know... (Danizze) (Pt. 2)

Years later... Dan had taken himself from the dark hole he put himself in.
Lizzie... his true love... he knew that. He just knew it, a continuous burning feeling in his pumping heart, a scar he can never heal, a wound that stings forever, hurting him like a childhood memory of being stung by a bee for the first time... but... better... in a way.
He had asked Lizzie on a date, one of surprises actually, he was one shy man after all. Before all of that, one night after his job, he took a wrong path, which fate does like to toy with us.
"Oh... no..." Dan uttered, he glanced around, pulling out his keys for protection, he was paranoid, not to an extent, but he hadn't heard the best news yesterday. "This might just protect me from anything." He whispered in a frightened shudder.
"Mmh..." He looked up, the streetlights shining down on him, his job at director had brought him in a more busy and hurried crowding place, as he was not use to hearing the whistles of the wind. "This looks... oddly familiar..."
He whistled to a song which was stuck on a loop in his mind. "Wait..." He looked up, the trees swayed in unison, one tree carved with a small heart, 'D.D. + L. S.' "Dan Diamond and Lizzie Shadow..." He muttered, as his eyes sparkled. It's funny how the human mind can remember such detailed information, that was most like stored in the back of their cranium for years now, ah, sweet nostalgia. "... I have an idea..." He smiled, taking out his phone and mapping the address down.

---

"Peek-a-boo." Dan smiled as he brought Lizzie to the area, the bench, the trees, lights, noises, still the same. "Dan..." Lizzie gasped, remembered the books she read, the moments when she met Dan, the tree's words, letters. She did this as she look down, spotting something, it was paper or cardboard, something a bit flimsy, but she was intrigued. "Huh?" She the roughened edges, cut and dirtied. "My bookmark..." She covered her hands with her mouth, her favorite bookmark in which Dan on the last day of collage has given to her.
She flipped it over to see four word, heart-melting, eye tearing words, "Will you marry me?" And next to that was Dan's classic, smiley face, and as she turned around to say something that her opened mouth still couldn't, she saw Dan on his knees, holding a shining diamond ring, wearing the same smile... "Yes... I will..." She whispered, as a snowflake of snow fell on the diamond... drifting slowly... as it pelted away in the whirling winds.

 as it pelted away in the whirling winds