Jack's Quest... I Guess? (Jack X Reader)

Hello! Sorry, I'm late.

Went Trick-or-Treating and a friend had some drama...

I wanted to go back to an old joke I made of Jack with a pirate costume (or Nick Fury for all I care)

I haven't done X Reader for a long time and Jack deserves some love.

[「-」]

"Arrgh! Matey, gimme the treasure!" Jesse doubled over, breath uneven in short huffs as he teased Jack, who was unwillingly forced into a pirate's costume all thanks to Jesse and Petra.

"I... oh my god." Jack's groans were muffled by the last round of Jesse's roaring laughter and Petra entered the room and put on a hat on Jack.

"I don't care what you say, but (Y/N) will love this." Jesse crossed his arms before almost bursting in laughter again. The costume was lavish in design with frills of gold lining the silk jacket that went over a snow white button-up shirt that was draped over Jack's body. The hat equally matched the black, white, gold, and maroon look of Jack's Halloween costume, it was perfect.

"I'm staying home." Jack murmured before Jesse and Petra dragged him out the house.

The party was of Sky- erm, Earth City, Champion City, and Beacontown, all of the leaders shook hands and started talking about their costumes with chuckles and throwbacks to Jesse's old days and Stella's llama, Lluna's stories. 

(Y/N) wasn't exactly looking for anyone. Frankly? They had their newest pet, a parrot on their shoulder and was looking for a place to grab a snack. The roads of the festival were lined with stands with food, (Y/N) looked forward to Stampy and Stacy's stand the most.

"Hey." Lukas smiled as (Y/N) spun around.

"Hey." (Y/N) replied as they shrugged, leaving their parrot a bit exasperated.

"Looking for a person?" Lukas asked as (Y/N) shrugged again.

"Nah, I'm trying to get some snacks." (Y/N) smiled before swirling around to see only stars and lanterns of orange, purple, and yellow that was strung on a white string, bopping up and down to the background music.

"Hey, there's a coffee shop stand I was heading to, want to come?" Lukas asked before (Y/N) shrugged for the final time and followed closely behind like a dog chasing a cat in the game of tag with broomsticks.

Jack groaned as Petra and Nurm dragged him along for a nice cup of hot coffee, both were active coffee-lovers and also loved dragging people around.

"Look at this!" Petra smiled as she twirled around, posing coolly after one spin.

"Cool." Jack sighed before he sat down at a random table, waiting for Petra and Nurm to order.

"Hey." Someone greeted, waving, someone else rushed past them as Jack looked up.

"(Y/N)... heyyy." He laughed as Lukas headed over to Petra, chuckling in a hushed voice, they all giggled as (Y/N) cocked their head to the side as if a curious dog took over their body.

"Nice costume." (Y/N) laughed with him as (Y/N)'s parrot jumped onto Jack's shoulder.

"Oh...." Jack sighed in a low, baritone voice and groaned and they fell into pits of laughter, gasping for air as the parrot yelled pirate noise at Jack as the jukebox played a new song.

"Hey, want to head over to Stampy and Stacy's?" (Y/N) said as they glanced over at the long line that was finally trickling down like the same inch of the faucet's handle that one must push fully back or would leave a small trail of water.

"Sure." He answered, hopping up and leaving a squawking parrot flying back onto its owner's shoulder.

"You should'a dressed as a pirate." Murmured Jack, crossing his arms and looking at the parrot.

"You sure? Frankly, I would believe you outclass me in that area." (Y/N) laughed as Jack shot them a look of venom yet it was warm and with amusement, all mixed into one pot.

Stampy waved at them from afar and they sprinted closer, grinning, they took a slice of pie and a few cookies, thanked the two friends and sat down near the fountain.

"I still can't get over your costume." (Y/N) laughed before Jack hissed under his breath once more.

"I swear to god, you all just want to see me suffer." Jack joked before (Y/N) kissed him quickly, setting down the last cookie.

"Not all of us." (Y/N) smiled.