The Sun Will Shine On Us Again (M!Jesse)

Inspired by Infinity War and Overwatch.
(In any emotional and a few components, nothing like an AU.)

I realized, if you put this in an Overwatch one-shots book, it would make complete sense... oh god.

I suggest you comment what you think this chapter is about.
Love? War? Relationships? Sibling relationship?

One person oneshot!
Aye!
[「-」]

Things were certainly more simple in Jesse's world before his eyes met the hurling beast, excuse of a living being on the planet. He most definitely was different from before, no doubt, his mind's gears twirled in a fast fashion than before, allowing him to act before the panicking drug set in, never letting his grip loosen on something. That also meant his gears rusted throughly, being spun so fast in so short of time, some days he would never even oil them, leaving a red-brown tint that spread like a virus, a stupid, hungry virus that ate up his mind so fast he couldn't think nor breath.

He couldn't let himself have that joy that was like sugar to his mouth, so sweet and so satisfying in so many manners it was addictive, he cut himself from it... letting his worries drown in bottles of whisky, bourbon, vodka, saké. His finger numb from the endless motion of bitter defeat lingering in his mouth, nothing could stop his tears that he tried to hold back in a fruitless effort. What he didn't learn was the wine that he grabbed and uncorked every night was almost like the joy he felt, a virus that would be hard to destroy, he was blind, but they say "innocence is bliss..." they couldn't have been so more wrong... never.

Jesse sighed, pinching the bridge of his nose in an effort to return to a sober state, a serious fashion as he couldn't help feeling stranger in a way his stomach wouldn't digest, he felt as something were to go wrong, yet there was nothing else that could go anymore wrong now, he simply had nothing to lose, really. He stumbled to his room, tired, his hand reaching for the pictures that sat wearingly on the other side of the nightstand, he fumbled quickly with his scarred fingers, as swords and arrows didn't help and nor did bandages when emotion and mental scars showed up in any form, they snuck up on him so easily somedays.

He was unable to contain himself, as his tears flowed down his cheeks in a way he didn't feel human. He was colder than ice, colder than his hand when the last person in his life left him for good, the words he heard, his mouth drier than he ever felt it's his lips chapped to the point he didn't bother with chapstick because in the end, it was going to be a waste either way, flavored or not.

He didn't know what to do... he couldn't see, he was blinded... he couldn't hear, he was deafened... he couldn't feel... he couldn't feel, he was hopeless... he couldn't do anything in spite his hard and valuable efforts to stand up with the chains ringing behind his back while he stomped out of the room in a mix of fury and triumph... he never got to feel that again... "really?" He told himself each night, the scars that left marks told him every second of his life, he wouldn't live somedays.

He sighed as he passed by the bar, a old place he and his old pals would gather in, enjoy the time that was well spent, the bartender even smiled with glee as they entered the building, he soon learned the person working behind was eventually found quitting his job to continue his caring for their sister who had a sickness, maybe even the saw, sickness as Jesse himself, it was always an issue, he felt numb somedays and frightened on others. The swaying of the ship either comforted him or sickened him.

He hadn't gone in for months now and it really wasn't easy to walk by without a beast, feral beast begging and clawing for him to go in, urged to go inside the toxic radiating place was harsh pains that never stopped. He wished he didn't start, he couldn't start now? Could he?

He stopped when he was greeted by someone familiar, someone who should've died like he did, stabbed through the chest with his blade or hatred and back with an arrow piecing through his lungs, bones shaking with each cold breath. He gasped, dropping his mask with a sudden crack as it shattered on the ground, with a big impact he couldn't catch it if he was a god. He dropped down on his knees in pain and let the hand of his old ally lift him back on his feet.

Yet he felt something boiling inside him, with no sign of rage nor happiness. It was almost like he was an android, omnic, robot, an emotionless being. A sigh that was cross between the words describing emotions of confusion and anger escaped his lips in a unsuccessful attempt to keep his face more pristine as a crystal shard. He didn't understand anyone nor anything anymore.

But he found someone who could fix him... or in reality, heal him in battle, try to wrap him in bandages as to give him comfort whilst battling battles of the world for others or for himself, his heart bled and crumbled in pieces, as drank away and let his mind wander to the places of all he was fond of or not, he let his heart flow with the blood it finally deserved, or rather, pump the blood into the heart that now belonged to someone Jesse could call his doctor, his healer... someone who he could finally trust with his foggy mind and his soulless heart.

Like someone once said: "The sun will shine on us again."