Coffee Break (Jessvor)

Ivor, one of your good ol' dark roast kind of guy, all he needed was the smell of whispering, energizing caffeine, his works consisted of all-nighters, stress-filled days and weekends of groaning in irritation. He would always go to this little shop run by his good friends Ellegaard and Magnus, as for that, he had money, a ton of it, but unlike the loving couple, he didn't have the feeling of happiness, the emotion that fills you when your mom buys you that sweet, colorful, mouth-watering, candy as a child, that feeling he wouldn't feel for years to come. He would always get dark roast, a black, intense flavor gave him a regular, plain morning to start off with, it was the only thing he loved, it was practically his only happiness of this metaphorical mess. As for, it was Monday, good, old, Monday, the stressful, day of Monday. It the same everyday; get up, groan, get ready, get out the darn door and scram to the coffee shop, after that, work, lunch, work, home, and the cycle spins once again.
"Hello! Welcome to Coffee Break!" He heard a voice, it wasn't the usual, not the voice of Ellegaard who would smile warmly and say: "Oh, the usual? Right on it." Nor was it Magnus who would smirk jokingly and prepare him a nice steaming cup of coffee, whilst saying: "How's life? The same? Guessed so."
No, it wasn't any of those. It was a peppy, sweet voice, like the sugar packets Ellegaard got at the store when they were in college.
Surprised, Ivor glanced up from his phone and quickly he blinked, grumbling: "The usual." And then he blushed, redness pelted at his pale cheeks, he had forgotten this... newcomer, was not use to someone saying 'the usual' so nonchalantly. "Sorry, I mean one medium dark roast." He sighed, looking at the phone which shined: '8:27,' cursing, he was handed a warm cup, grumbling "thank you," and he heading off with his suit tail flying against the wind.
The days, maybe a week later he knew that this person would be there, he was right, the newcomer smiled, the smile... it was like a sign of something new. He thought, shaking his head and ordering, "a dark-" he started, getting everything, simple and easy recipe in his mind, ready to order.
"One dark roast, medium." They smiled, handing Ivor one cup, this one wasn't white with the signature, 'Coffee Break' logo on the cup, no, it was scribbled on, words, a sentence. Wait, no, it wasn't a sentence... it was a simple, yet, heart-warming smiling face.
"Hey, uh..." Ivor's fingers fidgeted on his bag as he came into the lively shop, he was going to ask for their name, the person that had been serving him coffee for days now.
"Oh, hello!" They smiled, the smile was always the same, filled with love, warmth, sunshine, joy, yet it was pained. It was like Ellegaard's smile, but it intrigued Ivor, something that he hadn't noticed was the server was called Jesse, they had the most wonderful smile. "The usual?" They asked.
"Actually, I was wondering what you would get, any suggestions?" They smiled to Ivor, green eyes glistening like fresh snow during December.
"Yeah, a latte, great for fall." They suggested, eager to hear the rest of this conversation.
"One latte then." Winked Ivor, he felt his heart warm up just like the soon taste of the delicious latte.
"You got it." They giggled, and that was like the cream to a dark roast, one that can sweeten it, a bit like the taste of happiness.