Sour and Sweet (F!Aidesse)

Thanks for 19k!

——

Jesse heard a the shop door's bell ring sweetly, with a small 'ting.'
She looked up, watching as an around 16 year old walked into the shop.
She remembered when she was younger, her mother ran the shop and she would run around, stacking the selves with gumdrops and lemon drops, after traveling the world and finding herself returning to the shop when her mother got sick for two month, she substituted for her, her father watching her mother in the hospital. She remembered a little boy, her best friend, with as equal brown hair come into the candy shop with his mother, in hand a cat plush, and he walked out with her favorite kind of candy that her mother makes, the candy was sour on one side and sweet on the other, and each color contrasted, like blue and yellow, but put together... was the best candy she had, ever.
The brown haired teenager placed the bag of candy on the scale, the small paper bag's top drooping over as all the weight was on the bottom, she peeked inside, bag filled with... her mom's special candy, the sour and sweet candy...
"You like it?" She smiled, typing in the cost.
"Yeah, nostalgia." He had his hands in his pocket, fumbling with the cash. He stopped. "Hey, weren't the cashier an older lady?" He raised an eyebrow as he handed her his cash.
"Yeah, their my mom." Jesse cocked her head and nodded.
He paused for a few seconds, hesitant to grab the bag of candy, "Mrs. Taber, Cathrine Taber?"
"Y-yes..." she looked into the boy's green eyes, they had no significant emotion other then realization, "do you know her?"
"Well, my mother does, good friends." He flashed a smile as he turned around slowly, and heading for the door, she swore that she saw him sigh.
Jesse heard a 'zoomph' as her mother texted her saying, Jesse could get off for a bit.
"His mother does?" Jesse muttered, walking out the shop, she walked down the path she always walked down, watching the same sky she always saw, she gasped. "Aiden..."