Ring, Ring (Romara)

Xara hated Romeo, Romeo, uh, well, I guess, same story.
Those two, they had this love-hate relationship you may say, Romeo would say Xara was annoying, Xara would retort back in sarcasm, they constantly talked with each other, yet they had no means of being friends, if you could say that, Xara would never forgive herself if she did get any closer to Romeo.
Romeo smirked, watching Xara fidget with her math homework, books stacked like the leaning tower of Pisa, desk crowded like graveyard after the War Of Admins.
Xara glared at him, hands still tightly gripping the wood, fragile lines curving into numbers, words.
"Anything to say, Mr. Oh, so amazing?" She growled, placing her pencil down.
"Nothing, just nothing." He replied, leaning back to desk, scribbling down the answer quickly.
Xara hissed, again, struggling in matter, hands, sweaty—mom's spaghetti? She chuckled as she looked down at her wet palms.
Time passed, things happened, the middle of the school year had rolled quickly into her sight.
Her friends constantly teased her for her attitude and attention to Romeo, she would dust it off.
She would always, think, what Romeo felt like, she couldn't get her eyes off him, never, he seemed so intriguing and interesting, for some reason.
Slamming her fist down, along with her bag, she sat to do her homework, thinking of inequalities and statistics, with one certain person in the back of her mind.
End of the year... pictures snapped, phone numbers swapped, smiles that waved, 'see you in middle school!'
Yet she learned, she was walking off with an empty backpack, stern face, joy for endings and phone in her pocket, safely stored.
Xara got home, tossing her backpack, which hit the wall, and sitting down to look at her class' photo, she soon found her face, had crept a smile when she looked at Romeo's smirk, she chuckled, but, that all faded when she remembered she hadn't gotten anyone's phone number.
Ring. Ring.
"Hello?" She picked up, grunting as she sat down.
"Aye, remember me? Romeo?" They answered.