Insecurities

The starry sky and a crescent moon were witness to the two gratified souls, standing on their terrace... wrapped in each other's arms, contented at being together, grateful that they found each other back, after having lost their love once, relieved that they would never have to be away from each other, overwhelmed with the love they received.

With a deep breath, Sameer parted. He looked at the beautiful face of his wife... her shining eyes glimmered with happiness, her soft cheeks glowed with love, her firm chin held up in pride, her inviting lips... waited...

His eyes got stuck to the plump lips... ever since she had initiated the kiss on first day of their final year, he had lost count how many times he had kissed her, still they never failed to intrigue him. How could she have such perfect lips, which were made to fit exactly against his own... as if in answer to his need...

His gaze and the change in his breathing did not leave any doubt in Naina's mind about his intentions. The way his tongue pulled in his lower lip, she knew it was just a matter of few moments. But she needed to talk... talk to him about something that had been lurking in her mind since their conversation in the car. However, she needed to calm him first.

"Mera naam lo, Naina." He demanded suddenly... his eyes not moving away.

Her lips parted slightly first, then closed again, a hint of smile twisting them to one side... slowly, they moved apart again...

She lifted her face more, directly gazing into his eyes, which were fixated at the same point.

"Mera Sameer."

He was expecting just the name...

The declaration of her possessiveness filled him up with a new warmth. The way her lips rolled, he felt the movement over his own lips.

She saw the fascination grow in his eyes. Without waiting another moment, she went up on her toes, sealing her mouth over his, taking him by surprise. He recovered quickly, though... but let her be in control, surrendering to the unhurried play of those soft lips. She kissed him deeply, delving into the warm corners of his mouth, stroking his tongue with hers... and still taking her own sweet time.

When she left him, he felt a serene feeling wash over him. The way she had kissed him was so satisfying, so soothing, so complete...

"Aise kiss karna kahan se seekha?" He flicked up his brows.

She did not shy away.

"Paani mein aag laga sakti hai yeh ladki toh ek aag ko bujha bhi sakti hai... jisse tum jal na jao." She said with confidence.

"Tumhare liye jo aag hai woh kabhi nahi bujh sakti... koshish bhi mat karo." His voice was rough.

"Main jis aag ki baat kar rahi hun usse bujhna hi hoga." She was vehement.

He was puzzled now, "Naina, yeh kya bol rahi ho? Mujhe kuch samajh nahi aa raha."

She took a deep breath, "Sameer, tumhe abhi bhi door hone ka darr kyon hai?"

He was taken aback. The fears that had gripped him all his life... had become stronger after he found her. He had never been able keep the people he loved, close to himself... his father, mom, nanu, Naina... who he had to leave on his own, along with Munna Pandit... till she stepped into his life again.

Her love, her assurance about their togetherness, her faith in their cohesion... kept him afloat. He started to feel comforted by her credence... accepted that the fate had finally given in... he would never lose her now. The marriage has strengthened that belief.

But the nagging fear still lurked somewhere at the back of his mind. He couldn't get rid of it, however much he tried. Naina was right when she had mentioned that in college they were not staying with each other... were meeting only a few hours in the day. Somehow, he was satisfied that time, happy with the knowledge that she was right there, in the next wing. Now, since the time she had come to this house, since the time she had started to be with him every moment, the demons had started resurfacing. The more he was getting closer to her, more the apprehensions scared him.