Dil Deewana

After the visit to rose garden, Naina and Sameer had lunch at a restaurant on the way to the lake.

The huge lake appeared even more beautiful than what it looked in the movie. They were surprised to know it wasn't a natural lake... seeing the sheer size of it. Surrounded all around by dark hills and tall eucalyptus trees, it was another world... beautiful and serene.

Brightly painted boats were lined across the shore. Few could be seen floating on the lake as well.

Sameer booked a row boat... a pedal boat would have let them be alone but it would need them to sit with a considerable distance between them, which was not acceptable to him. This one was perfect. He could keep her close while they enjoyed the ride. Unlike her Salman, he didn't want to row either, taking the man along who would do it for them as they clicked pictures and enjoyed being with each other.

The life jackets that were essential for all those who went boating were given to them along with the tickets.

"Haww Sameer, yeh yellow jacket mere suit ke saath achhi nahi lagegi." Naina whined as he handed her the life jacket.

"Ab unhone bas ek hi rang ki jacket rakhi hain... unhe kya pata tha Mrs Maheshwari apne pati ke favourite colour mein yahan aayengi." He chuckled.

She narrowed her eyes at him... widening them the next moment.

"Kya hua?" He was alert.

"Ab mujhe pata chala yeh yellow kyon hain... yahan toh sab Salman aur Bhagyashree ki wajah se hi aate hain na... sab fans unke jaise peele kapde pehente honge... isliye jacket unse matching hain... mujhse hi galti ho gayi... dhyan hi nahi raha... sab tumhari galti hai... jab dekho pink pink karte rehte ho... main bhool gayi ki boating mein mujhe pink nahi yellow pehenna tha... aakhir Dil deewana gaane ke liye waisa dikhna bhi toh chahiye tha." She fretted, pouting at him.

Her cribbing enthralled him to such an extent that he spread his arms to hug her, "Tum jo bhi pehen ke gaa do, main toh bas tumhe dekh ke hi deewana ho jaata hun."

"Mr Maheshwari, zara control rakho apne pe... tum koi Salman nahi ho jo yahan sabke samne yeh sab..." She said in a stern voice, stalling him with her hand.

"Ab mujhe Salman banna bhi nahi... tum bhool gayi usse... meri wajah se... Naina, meri jaan, ab tum uska jitna marzi naam le lo... mujhe koi jalan nahi hogi... tumne aaj mere liye pink pehenke jo khushi di hai uske liye ek kiss toh banta hai." He took her in his arms, not deterred by her frowning look.

"Achha ab kiss ke liye toh control kar lo... chalo yeh jacket pehno." She pushed him away, suppressing a smile at his extreme elation at such a small thing.

They stepped into the boat, holding hands... and sat on the wooden board.

"Yahan sab kuch Lonavala ki yaad dila raha hai." She reminisced as they reached the center of the lake.

"Woh hamare honeymoon ki hi practice thi... maine kaha tha tab bhi... aur dekho, sab waisa hi lag raha hai." He shifted close to her, slipping his hand around her waist.

She leaned on his shoulder. Everything was so perfect... exactly how she had always imagined...

As the boat took a turn, they could see the mountain slopes, covered with flowers of different colours. Naina excitedly pointed to him.

"Dekho Sameer, kitna khoobsurat lag rahaa hai... sab jagah bas phool hi phool hain... kitne saare rangon mein... jaise phoolon ka sheher ho." She sat up straight, tilting her head to the side.

Sitting so close to her, with her porcelain cheek right in front of him, Sameer couldn't control himself... and planted a kiss on her cheek.

The smile froze on her lips. She quickly looked around... no one seemed to be looking at them, even the person rowing the boat was looking down at water as it rippled under the boat.