Aasmaan ke neeche

"Thank you, Sameer... aaj tumne jaise apnepan se chachiji ki mushkil ka khyal karke nal theek karaya... mujhe bohot achha laga." Naina turned to him the moment their car reached the main road.

Sameer quirked up a brow, "Thank you? Tum mujhe thank you bologi?"

She shrugged, "Ab itna accha kaam karoge toh bolna hi padega."

With a deep exhale, he pressed the accelerator. The car sped up.

He didn't look at her again.

She waited.

He continued to drive... without a word... without a look.

"Sameer?" She felt uneasy with his silence.

He didn't reply.

Naina was now sure he had not liked her thanking him.

"Sorry Sameer, tumhe bura laga kya? Main toh bas... woh... itna koi sochta nahi hai na... tumne na sirf socha, balki problem door bhi kar di... isliye maine thank you kaha... lekin aage se nahi kahungi... please, maaf kar do." She was perturbed by his capricious behaviour.

He still did not react. She wasn't able to see his eyes as he looked straight ahead. But the thin line of his lips was forming a nervous knot in her stomach. She had seen his anger on a few occasions... but it was never directed towards her. Sweat beads started forming on her forehead, in spite of the air conditioning. She wasn't sure whether to handle this now, or wait till they reached home. Though home sounded a better option, the thought of bearing this coldness from him was killing her each moment. No, she couldn't keep it aside for later. But she had no idea what to do. He showed no expression. Like other times, he didn't brush his hand against her leg or arm while changing gears... with a stony face, he carried on as if she wasn't there.

With a gulp, she tried again, gingerly placing a hand on his arm.

"Sameer... kya hua?" Her voice was shaky.

The screech of brakes brought the car to a sudden halt, making her jerk ahead a little... but the seat belt kept her safe.

After pushing his seat away from the steering, he leaned towards her, without a glance at her face... and clicked open the seat belt,

Everything happened in a flash.

In one swift motion, his one arm went behind her neck, one going under her legs... and he scooped her up from the seat, bringing her to his lap, her back towards the window on his side.

Her eyes widened in shock at this unexpected conduct. Feeling the imbalance, she held his shirt... the scuffle making his top button go flying.

He looked down at the parted seams, then looked back at her.

The glint in his narrowed eyes, the mischievous smirk on his face, slight pulling in of the lower lip... she didn't know whether to be relieved or annoyed.

"Thank you bolna hai toh achhe se bolo, meri jaan." His raspy voice tingled her spine as his eyes scanned her face.

"Tumne dara hi diya mujhe... laga tum gussa ho gaye... pata hai meri kya haalat ho gayi thi?" She showed fake anger, trying to hide the effect this position was having on her.

"Aur meri kya haalat ho rahi hai... thoda sa paas aati ho fir door... aise poore din tumhare bina kaise reh sakta hun." He tucked a lock of hair behind her ear, speaking in a softer voice.

She shuddered as his thumb outlined her ear.

"Tum Preeti ko gale laga sakti ho par mujhe nahi... kyon... kya mera Preeti jitna haq nahi hai tumpe... itna kyon sharmati ho, ki mann hua fir bhi gale nahi lagaya... dekha na tumne, chachiji ne kuch kaha hi nahi jab maine tumhe pakda... aur Preeti toh sab samajhti hai... usse kya chupana... sabko pata hai main tumse aur tum mujhse kitna pyar karte hain... fir saath baith kyon nahi sakte... Naina, mujhse tumhari doori bardaasht nahi hoti... aisa lagta hai main akela ho gaya hun." He clasped her hand that rested on his chest.

Kabhi toh Nazar Milao Part 2जहाँ कहानियाँ रहती हैं। अभी खोजें