Sang hun tere

The sound of the door made Sameer look up.

Naina walked upto him... and sat on the opposite chair... She could not gather enough courage to do what her heart said.

Sameer poured tea for her, handing over the cup before pouring for himself.

He looked at her lowered face as they sipped tea in silence. Naina did not look up even once. He wondered if she was not okay with what he did or something else was bothering her.

When they were done, he picked up the tray and went out to put it back in kitchen. Naina got up, slowly going near the bed... she stood at the edge, twisting her fingers... Sameer had been extremely patient with her... never questioning, never forcing, never complaining... probably it was her turn to take a step towards him now...

Lost in deep thoughts, she couldn't hear the sound of door closing.

Sameer put the latch... he did not want any disturbance while he talked to her... he wanted her to know that if she was uncomfortable with anything, she could tell him... as his wife, she could say anything... and as her husband, he could talk to her about it... there should be no hesitation... their relationship gave them right to express themselves freely in front of each other.

"Naina." His hand on her shoulder made her turn abruptly.

Since he was right behind, she bumped into his chest. Sameer held her waist, helping her to balance.

"Sorry, mera dhyaan kahin aur tha." She mumbled, stepping back a little.

"Kahan?" His question caught her off guard... her eyes shot up to his black ones.

"Bolo Naina... kya soch rahi thi tum?" He prodded.

"Nahi, kuch nahi." She averted her eyes.

He placed a finger under her chin, lifting her face to himself, "Kuch toh hai... par tum bata nahi rahi... dekho Naina, ab humein ek dusre se aise chupane ki zaroorat nahi hai... dil ki har baat bata deni chahiye... main bhi nahi chupana chahta... mere dil mein darr hai ki shayad tumhe achha nahi laga mera aise tumhe choona." His eyes darted to the point where he had left a mark... though it was not visible... he knew exactly where he had done it, taking care that it remains hidden under her dress.

He continued, "Agar aisa hai toh tum bol do... please yeh kabhi mat sochna ki pati hone ke naate tumhe meri saari baatein manna zaroori hai... main chahta hun main tumhari saari baatein maanu... agar tumhe kisi baat ka bura lage toh foran bata do... itna bharosa humein ek dusre pe hona chahiye ki hum ek dusre ki baat samajh sakein... rishta bandh jaane ka matlab bandhan nahi hota... apnapan hota hai... judna hota hai... humein sirf rishte mein bandhne ki wajah se nahi, apni marzi se ek dusre ko apnana hai... aur main nahi chahta ki tum kuch bhi aisa karne ke liye khud ko majboor samjho jiske liye tumhara dil nahi maanta."

Naina was taken aback... he had misunderstood her hesitation. And he was ready to step back again... giving her more time...

Her eyes pooled up.

Sameer saw the wet eyes. His heart slipped to the bottom of his stomach. Before he could speak, she cupped his face.

"Sameer, tum bilkul galat soch rahe ho... aisa kuch nahi hai... main bas soch rahi thi ki... ki... umm... matlab... " She was at loss of words again... bringing her hands down, twitching her fingers again.

Sameer was confused now... he had no idea what was happening... she was crying, but was not offended... she was ready to talk, but could not speak up...

"Jo bhi baat hai bolo na." He was getting worried.

She gulped, "Tum gussa mat karo."

"Main gussa nahi kar raha, Naina... mujhe fikr ho rahi hai tumhari... agar tum mere kareeb aane se pareshan nahi ho toh kyon ho... kya tumhe kahin dard ho raha hai ya koi aur takleef... main tumhe abhi doctor ke paas leke chalta hun... par pehle batao toh kya baat hai." He softened his tone.