Haq

The soft light of the lamp left a dim glow in the room. Sameer could see Naina clearly... the hair tied loosely, hands away from his view, the dip at the curve of her waist, folded legs, twiddling toes... the swift movement of her shoulders indicated her fast breathing.

Naina waited... he did not make any move. Maybe, he had slept... it was quite late... they had studied after dinner and had not slept properly last two nights.

When she could not take it anymore, she turned to check.

Her breath hitched... he was looking at her, leaning against the backrest, clutching the pillow against his chest.

The moment their eyes met, he raised his brows in question.

She hid her eyes behind long lashes.

In one swift motion, he was leaning on her, pushing her shoulders into the bed as he turned her on the back, falling next to her.

Naina drew in a sharp breath, hands going up to hold his arms... his face was close, noses almost touching, dark eyes boring into hers, his breath fanned her face.

"Tum saath ho fir bhi mujhe takiye ko hi Naina samajhna padega kya?" The rough voice was enough to break her into a sweat.

His gaze shifted to her lips which were slightly parted due to the gasp...

Looking back into her eyes, he did not see any reluctance... but it was not easy for him to start something he wouldn't be able to stop. He dipped his head to bury himself in her hair, trying to calm the raging emotions.

Her hand went around his neck as she felt him restrain himself again. The confidence that he had given her filled her up with new strength.

"Sameer." Her soft voice made him lift his head.

"Tumhara sapna zaroor poora hoga... par uss tak pohochane ke liye chote kadam toh utha sakte hain na." She stroked his cheek, looking into the dark eyes.

He stared, amazed at her trust in him, "Naina..."

"Tum sambhal sakte ho khud ko... jaise hamesha se karte aaye ho... dekha hai maine... mujhe yakeen hai tumhara sapna... jo ab humara sapna hai... woh ussi din poora hoga." She slid her hand behind his neck, pressing his head down, as an answer to his unspoken doubt.

She did not reach for his lips, rather turned to the face, peppering it with slow kisses.

He was engulfed in her fragrance as she pulled him closer... the sweet smell that had invaded his sensed from the time he had picked up her unconscious form in the beginning of college... the soft hands that he longed to hold since school days were on his cheeks... the arms that he longed to be in since they started to talk in college were pressed against his chest... the feminine softness of the body that he wanted to feel since the first time she hugged him was plastered against him...

He shuddered with unexplained pleasure as she covered every inch of his face with her lips... and then her lips brushed against his, taking his breath away. Her kiss was soft to begin with as she tasted him slowly, making him numb with the need for more... till he could not take it. He let his weight fall on her while his hands went behind her, turning the kiss into a heated one in no time. She welcomed his plundering tongue, feeling the nip of his teeth on her lips.

When he looked up, gasping for air, she turned on her side and hid her face in his chest, suddenly shy at her initiative. With a smile, Sameer laid back on his pillow, taking her along... to give the same pillow to her as previous night.

They slept peacefully, catching up on the disturbed sleep of past two nights.

It was early morning when Sameer opened his eyes to see Naina cuddled into his side. He tried to shift her up to make her comfortable on his shoulder.