Filmen

"Aap Salman Khan ke saath film bana rahe hain?" Naina couldn't control her excitement, squeezing Sameer's hand within both her palms.

He looked out of the window in frustration... was it really his honeymoon... he had to keep competing with someone or the other for her attention... and why the name of this hero always brought this shine in her eyes... how was he less than Salman... still, Naina had to just hear his name and she would go all dreamy.

"Film ki kahani do bhaiyon ki hai jo bachpan mein bichad gaye the... ek ki yaaddasht kho gayi hai... bade hone ke baad woh dono kaafi baar ek doosre se takrate hain... ek ko ahsaas hone lagta hai... par doosre ko yaad dilana uske liye bohot badi samasya ban jaati hai." Mr Chauhan narrated the crux of his story.

Seeing her sitting silent, he gave a sheepish smile, "Darasal shuru mein har kahani aisi hi lagti hai... do line ki adhuri si dastaan... writers jab achhe scene aur dialogue daal dete hain tab jaake hum isse film ka roop de paate hain."

Naina shook her head, "Nahi, nahi, woh baat nahi hai... main samajhti hun kis tarah se hota hai... bas soch rahi thi kaise ismein kuch naya angle daala jaa sakta hai."

He narrowed his eyes, "Aap likhti hain kya?"

"Umm... kuch khaas nahi... bas thoda bohot." She said modestly, stealing a look at Sameer... who seemed to be busy in the outside world.

"Laga mujhe... jis tarah aapne naye angle ki baat ki... waise aapke paas koi idea ho toh bataiye... abhi story mein bohot badlaav honge... abhi toh shuruaat hai." Mr Chauhan encouraged her.

She nodded.

He turned to sit straight, taking out his small writing pad, and started to jot down something.

Naina leaned on Sameer's shoulder. He looked back at her... she smiled, and was perplexed at his cold reaction.

With a flick of her brows, she asked him why he looked upset. He shook his head, the frown very much settled on his forehead.

She could somewhat guess what had irked him... the name of Salman. Snuggling closer, she slipped her arm behind him, around the waist, settling in the crook of his arm.

"Tumne do din pehle kaha tha tum ab nahi jaloge... fir kya hua?" She asked in a low voice.

He recalled their evening at the lake. She had worn pink... for him... and had forgotten to wear yellow to match colours with Salman's song. The irritation eased a bit. He looked at her, feeling her warmth seep into him... and the resentment started to melt.

"Ab aise hi gubbara banke baithe rahoge?" She raised her brows, making patterns with her fingers on his waist.

"Mere liye bhi time hai tumhare paas? Mujhe laga ab toh poore raaste sirf Salman ki hi baat karogi." He said with a creased brow.

"Mere Salman toh tum hi ho... ho na?" Her voice was a mere whisper.

He could see the brown eyes brimming with love... reflecting his face... and the same love surged through him, washing away the indignation. He couldn't do much as they were in someone else's car, but his eyes conveyed the intentions to his wife. Her gaze slipped to his mouth, and her lips parted. He puckered his, briefly... she drew in a soft breath, sucking in her lower lip. They sat lost in each other for quite some time, forgetting about the world passing by through the window... or the company on front seat.

"Sameer, aap filmein nahi dekhte?" Mr Chauhan's voice brought them out of their trance.

"Kya?" He straightened.

"Filmen... aapko pasand nahi hain kya? Itni baaton mein aapka koi interest dekha nahi maine." He quipped.

Sameer looked back at Naina, she continued to watch him, waiting for an answer.