Winding up

The week was amazingly beautiful for Sameer. Naina kept her word... he went to her room everyday, getting the regular dose of her love... coming back around four in the morning. These few hours of sleep made him feel more rested than the entire night of tossing and turning in his bed alone, missing her terribly.

They sat down to study as well... initially for a while before cuddling in the narrow bed. It was an added advantage... Naina stayed even more close, holding onto him tight, fearing that he would fall off the bed.

The day before their exam, he himself told her that it would be better if he didn't come, knowing how everyone would be awake, burning the midnight oil to cram up for the last exam. Naina smiled and accepted, like always.

On the day of exam, Sonali met Naina in the morning.

"Packing ho gayi saari? Aaj aa rahe ho na tum dono hamare saath?" She was excited.

"Aaj nahi Sonali, hum kal aayenge... aaj Phulla bua ke ghar jaana hai." Naina said.

"Oh!" Sonali was sad momentarily.

"Chal theek hai... kal lunch tak toh aa jaoge na?" She was not the one to remain upset for long.

"Haan, aa jayenge." Naina confirmed.

"Fir kal chalenge hamari shopping le liye... inn ladkon ke bina." Sonali winked at her, speaking in a low voice so that the boys could not hear.

"Oh haan, shopping bhi jaana hai." Naina suddenly remembered her plan.

"Sonali, tum log apni secret baatein kal kar lena... abhi paper ka time ho raha hai." Rahul called out.

Wishing each other good luck, they all entered the examination Hall to write the last paper to get their degree.

Sameer was extremely pleased at the end of next three hours... the exams were finally done with... and he was satisfied with his performance... Naina would be definitely pleased with his result, he was confident.

They were to leave the hostel today, going to meet Phulla bua. After staying there for the night, they were to go to Rahul's house the next day. Naina's show was completing hundred episodes after two days and the production house had planned a big party. They were to attend that... and leave for Ahmedabad the next day. Naina had packed the entire stuff that she had to take back. Though Sameer didn't have as much as her, he had no intention of traveling with so much luggage. Hence, even though she was reluctant, he had called the luggage carrier company to come in the afternoon... it was much easier to book the stuff and carry just one suitcase each with them.

"Sameer, agar yeh samaan kho gaya toh... kya yeh log pakka ghar tak pohocha denge?" She was apprehensive.

"Pehli baat... haan pohoch jayega sahi salamat... doosri baat, agar nahi bhi pohocha toh kya ho gaya, Naina, aisa kya hai iss samaan mein jisse hum sambhal ke rakhna chahein... jab hum apna ghar sajayenge toh saari cheezein nayi lenge... yeh puraane samaan ke saath thodi shuru karenge apna naya safar." He had given her much needed assurance.

She had never before heard of such services... her fears were genuine... how could someone else take your belongings and care for them as much as you do... but Sameer was sure it could be done. He had done it before as well.

"Mere liye kabhi kisi samaan ki koi keemat nahi rahi... main uske baare mein sochta hi kyon... bas book kara diya aur jab pohoch gaya tab theek hai... mujhe kaunsa jaldi rehti thi." He had once again, unknowingly, made her realise how unattached he had been to anything in his life.

It was thus decided and now they waited for the company people to come. They had brought the boxes to the ground floor with the help of peons.

"Yeh college meri zindagi ka sabse khaas hissa rahega... yahan mujhe tum mile ho... itni yaadein mili hain... itni khushiyaan mili hain... sach kahun toh thoda dukh ho raha hai... par khushi bhi hai ki hum yahan se jiss duniya mein jayenge woh isse bhi khoobsurat hogi." She reminisced about the past three years.