Twist

There would be no evening update today.

"Arre aap log khush hone ki jagah rone kyon lage... aaj ghar mein lakshmi aayi hai... uske aane ki khushi manani chahiye... chaliye ab sab chup ho jayiye... hum agli rasm karenge." Bhabhi cheered up everyone as she came out of the kitchen with a big vessel.

She placed it on the table and poured milk mixed with water and rose petals in it.

"Yeh kaun piyega?" Sameer gaped at the huge vessel with enormous amount of liquid.

Everyone except Munna Pandit and Sameer started laughing. They were the only ones not knowing about this ritual.

"Peena nahi hai, buddhu." Naina blurted, biting her tongue the moment she said it.

Rahul sat on the armrest of the sofa where Sameer was sitting, "Bhai, tujhe toh budhu ki upadhi mil gayi biwi se... woh bhi sabke saamne."

Sameer was unperturbed, smiling at Naina, "Mujhe pyaar se jo bhi bolti hai meri biwi, sab achha lagta hai... aur sabke samne haq se bolegi toh aur bhi achha lagega."

"Yeh lo, apna bhai toh poora joru ka ghulam ho gaya." Rahul teased Sameer.

His father came to him, patting his shoulder, "Apne bhai se seekh le, khush rahega tu bhi meri tarah... main bhi shuru se joru ka ghulam hi hun."

Rahul's mom chided him with fake anger, "Aap bachhon ke aage kaisi baatein kar rahe hain... kuch toh sharam kijiye."

"Arre bhai, bachhon ki shaadi ho gayi hai... pata hona chahiye ghar mein shanti rakhne ke liye kya karna padta hai." Rahul's father looked at Rahul and Sameer.

"Waise mummy, papa ki baat toh sahi hai... woh aapki saari batein maante hain." Sonali wrapped her arms around her mother in law's shoulders.

"Maanenge hi... meri saari batein inki bhalai ke liye hi hoti hain." Rahul's mom quipped.

"Bilkul sahi kaha... dekho, yeh baat bhi maan li." Her husband readily agreed.

Another round of laughter roared in the room.

Vishakha explained the ritual to Sameer. A ring would be put in opaque water... and both him and Naina had to search for it... whoever found it would win the game. It will be played thrice, and the one who is able to procure the ring more number of times will be the final winner.

"Aur jisko zyada baar anguthi milegi, samajh lo ussi ka raaj chalega ghar pe." Sonali chipped in.

"Fir toh pakka Sameer jitega... bhabhi hamesha wohi karti hain jo woh kehta hai." Munna gave an encouraging smile to Sameer.

"Dekhte hain... kaun kiski baat maanega." Vishakha took off her ring and gave to bhabhi.

She slipped it in the cloudy liquid and swirled it properly.

"Mere teen kehne pe dono ek saath haath dalna paani mein... aur koi cheating nahi." Bhabhi gave them a stern warning.

When she counted three, they dipped their fingers in the water. The vessel being deeper than it appeared, they had to take down their hands till the wrists. Taking advantage of the situation, Sameer caught Naina's hand, pressing her fingers. She gulped, trying not to show any expression. More she twisted her hand, stronger he made his grip.

She stole a glance at him. His eyes were on her. She mouthed a 'please' silently, squinting her eyes briefly. Finally, he left her hand.

"Arre kitna waqt lete ho tum dono... ek ko bhi nahi mili kya?" Bhabhi peered at the vessel impatiently.