Ameer

When Sameer reached the room, Naina was ready. She was wearing an orange suit, with a dark green dupatta... the colour itself brought a meteoric rush of memories. Small pearl earrings adorned her ears. The mangalsutra rested on neckline, raising his heartbeat. Her wrists were filled with glass bangles, which clinked as she brushed her hair.

She looked resplendent.

Walking slowly, he went to stand behind her, looking at her through the mirror.

"Kya hua?" She questioned.

"Bohot kuch." He said in a low voice, holding her shoulders.

She could see his eyes skimming over her reflection, stopping longer at certain places.

"Sameer... " Her voice did not sound as firm as she intended it to be.

"Naina, kya thodi der baad nahi jaa sakte?" He said in a hoarse voice, lowering his head to come to her height.

"La... late ho... ho jayega." She melted as his breath warmed her neck.

He lifted the hair from one shoulder, taking them over the other one. Leaning, he placed a kiss at the back of her neck, making her shudder. His warm touch and soft kisses weakened all excuses that she was trying to form in her mind. The brush fell from her hand as his palm slid over her belly, lips grazing the small part of back exposed through round neck of her kurta. She placed her hand over his, shoulders scrunching backwards as his other hand reached the zipper of her kurta.

"Sameer bhaiya." The voice, along with a knock on the door, made him jump.

"Kamaal ki timing hai sabki... do minute shaanti se apni biwi se pyar bhi nahi kar sakta." He muttered in exasperation.

"Sameer bhaiya... suniye toh." Ramdhari knocked again.

"Kya hai?" Sameer snapped, opening the door.

Naina closed her eyes... taking a few deep breaths, she realised they were neither alone at home, nor free to remain lost in each other.

"Aapne jo mithai ke dabbe mangwaya the, humne laake car mein rakh diye hain... agar aapko nikalne mein time lagega toh hum wapas andar le aate hain warna garmi se kharab na ho jaayein." Ramdhari informed.

"Haan, abhi humein... " Sameer started.

"Abhi humein nikalna hi hai, bhaiya... aap woh dabbe wahin rehne dijiye... chalein Sameer?" Naina cut him short, picking up her bag to leave.

Sameer let out a sigh, following her out to the car.

The moment they hit the road after Ramdhari had shut the gates, he sought her hand, "Kya Naina, aadhe ghante late chale jaate toh kya ho jaata? Ab poora din sirf tumhe dekh ke kaam chalana padega."

She turned sideways, "Poora din nahi... hum shaam ko wapas aa jayenge... uske baad saara waqt tumhara."

He grinned, giving a quick glance at her before looking back at the road, "Woh toh hoga hi... maine Ramdhari ko keh diya hai woh din ka kaam karke chala jaaye, humein der ho jayegi... wapas aane ke baad koi nahi aayega disturb karne."

Colour spilled on her cheeks, along with a hint of smile on her lips.

"Nainaaaa." Preeti screamed so loud that Sameer had to forcefully stop himself from putting his hands to ears.

The sisters hugged as if meeting after years, holding each other tight with in their arms, chins on each other's shoulder, a wide grin on their faces.

Sameer shuffled his feet... looking away.

"Nahi, jal nahi raha hun... Preeti toh ladki hai, Naina ki behen hai... usse thodi jalunga... bas thoda bura lag raha hai... yaar, Preeti aaram se Naina ko gale laga sakti hai... aur main... meri biwi hai, par main yahan uska haath tak nahi pakad sakta... yeh kya baat hui... mere saath mere ghar mein rehti hai, mere saath honeymoon pe gayi thi, lekin yahan aake usse choona mana hai... kyon? Yahan aake kya hamari shaadi rewind ho gayi hai?" He muttered to himself.