Sharing

Sameer was sure now that Naina would be furious at this suggestion. She had not reacted for more than a few seconds... just staring at him with blank eyes.

"Naina, bolo na... tum nahi jaana chahti toh koi baat nahi... hum kuch aur soch lenge." He offered, the thought of giving up the chance to stay with her for one week tugging at his heart.

But he would never do anything if it did not have her consent.

Slowly, her lips curled into a smile, "Tum kaise hamesha jaan jaate ho mere dil ki baat?"

Sameer took two seconds to realise that she was in agreement... and his heart leapt in joy.

"Kyonki... main rehta hun yahan... tumhare dil mein." He said with a tilt of head.

His thoughtful gesture filled her eyes with love... in the form of tears.

"Sachhi Sameer, main papa ke aane se bohot darr rahi thi... humare paas court ka certificate hai fir bhi baar baar dehshat ho rahi thi... papa waise hi har samay gusse mein rehte hain... yeh sunkar toh unka para aasmaan choo jayega... aise mein unke saamne aane ki himmat nahi thi meri... woh bhi yahan college mein." Turning to her side, she wrenched her hands, voicing her fears with lowered eyes.

Sameer made her turn to face him, placing two fingers under the chin to lift her face, "Tumhe kabhi bhi akele unka saamna nahi karna padega... main tumhare saath rahunga... unko jawab dene ke liye... ki unki beti ab akeli nahi hai... Naina, abhi hum sirf exams ki wajah se jaa rahe hain... isliye nahi ki humne koi galti ki hai ya unse koi darr hai... ek baar tum achhe se exams de lo fir hum milke unke saamne jayenge."

Two drops spilled out of her eyes, rolling down on her soft cheeks.

Sameer wiped them with his thumb, "Meri Naina toh bohot himmatwali hai... tum kaun ho aur meri Naina ko kahan chupa ke aayi ho? Dekho, agar usko pata chala na ki uske malai ke katore pe tumne nazar daali hai toh tumko chodegi nahi."

Her laughter made his heart light... he was mesmerized by the tinkling sound.

"Ab tum khud hi apni tareef karne lage... Sameer Maheshwari... lagta hai khud se zyada hi pyar karne lage ho." She teased.

"Pyar toh tumse hai... aur har uss cheez se jo tumhe pasand hai... isliye keh raha tha... waise galat kya hai... naam toh tumne perfect rakha hai." He raised his collars.

"Uff... itna bhi hero mat samjho apne aap ko... bandar ho bilkul." She wrinkled her nose.

And his control snapped.

Grabbing her without warning, he sealed her mouth with his.

The shock was evident in her wide eyes as his tongue deftly stroked deep, taking advantage of her parted mouth, making her shudder.

He pressed his hands into her back to angle her for better hold... her hands clutched his shoulders... to balance herself.

He moved away abruptly, leaving her panting for breath, running a shaky hand through his hair... it wasn't easy to be so close yet stay away...

How would he manage to stay in the same house and keep his promise to her... how would he...

Her hands wound around his chest as she rested her head on his back, reeling with the effect of his sudden kiss.

He took a deep breath, placing his hand over hers on his thumping heart.

"Naina, sach mein tumhe mere saath rehne mein koi problem nahi hai... matlab Rahul ke yahan... itne din..." He swallowed.

Her hands moved away from his chest... and she stepped in front of him.

"Tumhare saath kahin bhi chalne mein ya rehne mein problem nahi hai Sameer... tumse kaisa darr." She wrapped her arms around his neck.