Pagphera

"Naina, tum jaake taiyar ho jao... jaana hai na... Sameer toh change karke aa bhi gaya." Vishakha told Naina.

"Lagta hai Sameer ko zyada hi jaldi hai apne sasural jaane ki... itni jaldi saj dhaj ke baith gaya." Munna teased.

"Achha kiya jo pehle hi taiyar ho gaya... Naina, ab tum bhi jaldi se ready ho jao." Vishakha smiled at Naina.

Nodding, she went to her room.

Her clothes were still in the suitcase. She took out another saree and blouse, and went to the washroom to change, leaving the saree in the room.

The moment she stepped out five minutes later, strong arms gripped her waist, pulling her against a hard chest.

Naina drew in a sharp breath... aware of the touch.

"Tum... tum yahan kya kar rahe ho?" She asked in a shaky voice.

"Apni biwi se milne aaya hun." He whispered, nuzzling his face in her hair.

"Sameer, aise... aise kyon aaye ho? Bahar kya bola?" She hitched her shoulder, melting at his touch.

"Mummy ne khud kaha... jao, jaake shirt badal ke aao." He murmured.

"Shirt? Lekin abhi toh change kiya tha tumne?" She was surprised.

"Par ispe paani gir gaya na... yeh dekho." He straightened, extending his arm.

Naina saw a small patch of water near the sleeve end.

"Itne se paani se kya hota hai? Abhi sookh jayega." Naina found the wet patch to be very small, knowing that he would have done it on purpose.

"Achha, geela toh hai na... aur tumhe pata hai mujhe sardi ho jaati hai... toh badalna toh tha hi." He shrugged.

"Jaldi se badal lo fir, aur mujhe bhi jaldi se taiyar hone do." She turned to get back to her saree.

His finger caught the dori at her back, and it opened as Naina took a step ahead.

Her hand flew to her back, stopping abruptly as he was still holding the dori, "Yeh kya kar rahe ho?"

"Maine kaha tha na, main hi bandhunga... lao, bandh deta hun." He moved closer to her, grazing his fingers along her neck on the pretext of tying a knot.

She pressed her hands on her belly, the knots inside doubling up at his touch.

"Tum kya kar rahi thi bahar?" His low voice against her ear made her realise the mistake... and the reason why he was here.

He turned her, placing one hand on her cheek, "Bolo, kya kiya tumne?"

She tried to speak, but could not get any words out.

His eyes darkened as he looked at her parted lips.

Naina felt a current go through her... the heart thudding at alarming speed.

"Maine kaha tha na... yeh nahi kar sakti." He whispered, grazing her lower lip with his thumb, leaning towards her face.

Her hands came to his chest, trying to stop him.

"Daro nahi, abhi kuch nahi kar raha... par mujhe aise satao nahi sabke samne... pata hai, jab tumne aise kiya toh main ek pal ke liye bhool gaya ki kitne log hamare aas paas hain... bas dil kiya ki abhi tumhare paas aa jaun... bohot mushkil se roka khud ko." His eyes softened.

"Nahi karungi." She whispered.

"Ab ready ho jao." He leaned, placing a kiss on her cheek before letting her go.