Dhakdhak... Dhakdhak

Her heart fell to the bottom of her stomach. She glared at the clothes she had taken off... washed and rinsed, lying in the bucket to be put outside on the stand.

"Pagal ladki, itna hosh nahi rehta ki dhone se pehle dekh toh le pehnne wale kapde laayi bhi hai ya nahi," she slapped her forehead.

"Aaj tak kabhi nahi hua aisa... main toh kabhi towel tak nahi bhuli... aur aaj sab kuch... he bhagwan... bahar Sameer hai aur ghar pe Sonali bhi nahi hai... kya karun ab... bhugat Naina... inhi kapdon ko sukha aur jab sukh jaayein tab hi bahar nikalna inhe pehen ke... matlab kal subah." She was teary eyed now.

Sameer heard some rants from inside the washroom. He walked to the door... but there was no sound. Naina usually didn't take this long. He wondered if all was okay.

"Naina, tum theek ho na?" He knocked, before asking.

His voice hit her like he had come inside.

"Hn... haan... th... theek hun." She managed in a shaky voice.

She was not fine... he knew.

"Naina, bolo kya baat hai? Kuch problem hai kya? Mujhe pata hai kuch toh hai." He leaned closer to the door.

"Nahi... woh... woh... kuch nahi." She stuttered.

"Tum bata rahi ho ya nahi... kuch toh hua hai... bolo nahi toh main darwaza tod ke andar aa jaunga." He was greatly worried.

"Nahi... andar nahi aana." Her shriek was desperate.

"Theek hai nahi aa raha... par issi waqt batao kya hua." He tried a softer approach.

"Tum... tum mera towel la doge." She closed her eyes, speaking with difficulty.

He let out a relieved breath... she had not taken the towel. A simple thing like that and she was hesitating so much.

He brought her towel from the balcony and knocked again, "Ye lo."

"Tum isse... isse handle pe rakh do... aur bahar chale jao." She directed, swallowing.

He furrowed his brows. Why was she being so strange?

And his mind suddenly cleared up. His eyes went wide as he realised Naina had gone in without taking anything... and as per her habit she would have washed her clothes.

"Naina, tumhe kapde bhi chahiye?" He said in a quiet voice.

She was mortified... shutting her eyes as the hand flew to her forehead.

He knew.

Getting no answer, he asked again, louder, "Naina, kya tumhare paas kapde hain... ya woh bhi chahiye?"

"Sameer, tum... tum bas towel yahan rakh do... aur... aur tum jao... darwaza band kar dena." She sounded irritated.

"Dekho Naina, jo hai saaf saaf bolo... main kahi nahi jaa raha... agar tumhe sirf towel chahiye toh main khada hun... darwaza kholo aur haath badha ke le lo... aur kuch chahiye toh bhi mujhe hi batana padega." He said with clarity.

She had to learn to share any type of problem with him. He didn't want to make her feel embarrassed but wanted her to know that there was no need to hide from him if she wanted anything. She could ask him. Locking him out was not an option.

They stood on either side of the door in silence.

"Naina, main ruka hun... tumhare jawab ke liye." He knocked again.

She let out a long exhale. He would not leave her alone. She had to take his help.

The door opened a crack, slowly.