Late

Sameer opened his eyes to the brightness in the room. It was definitely not the same room where he had been getting up since last few days. The lights there were blocked by heavy curtains. And here, the flimsy, flowing white and blue curtains allowed the sunlight to stream in, and spread all around, casting its glow on everything.

He smiled, feeling relaxed with the familiarity of things... he was home.

Taking in a deep inhale, he turned his head to the side... and the breath got stuck somewhere in the throat.

His Naina...

Soft rays of sun fell on her face, creating a halo... a few strands of hair covered the face partially, her long lashes rested on her gleaming cheeks... looking like an angel, she was sleeping with a peaceful calm spread over her soft features...

The yellow colour of her night suit merged with sunlight, making the glow diffuse to her neck and arms. Quilt covered her upto the waist. He could see the slow rise and fall of her chest, indicating the deep state of sleep.

She looked extremely delectable.

He lifted himself on one side, filling up his vision with the sight he had longed for all his mornings till about ten days back.

"Tumse shuru hone wali subah ka rang bhi kuch alag hai, Naina... sab kuch bohot khoobsurat hai, lekin tumse zyada nahi... dil kar raha hai... abhi... abhi tumhe... " His heart, brimming with love, could not find words to express his feelings.

Lying back, he slid one arm under the slender waist, pulling her to himself, taking her in a tight embrace.

To his surprise, she snuggled into him comfortably, wrapping her arms around him, still asleep. Her face now rested on his shoulder.

With a satiated smile, he closed his eyes, drifting back to sleep, holding her snugly close.

It was almost an hour later when Naina stirred, opening one eye to see why she was not able to move. Sameer had his arms around her firmly, his leg folded over hers, pinning her to him.

She opened both eyes, feeling assuaged in this captivity. It was a dream come true for her... though she had not envisioned in such details, but being with him was the dream that had filled up all her days and nights ever since that first day in class eleven. It had never mattered whether she was sleeping or was awake... he occupied her heart and mind all the time...

And now... when the dream had become her real life, she couldn't thank her stars enough, considering herself the luckiest person in the world. She had not only got what she wished for, but much more...his love for her was unparalleled, more than she could have ever imagined.

"Tumhe meri hi nazar na lag jaye." She whispered, kissing his jaw.

The feel of her lips made his arms close more around her.

"Good morning, jaan." He mumbled in a heavy voice against her forehead.

"Good morning. Maine utha diya tumhe?" She tilted her head a little to look at him.

His face broke into a sleepy smile, "Tum utha do mujhe, yehi sapna dekh raha tha... subah ka tha isliye sach ho gaya."

She could not stop the chuckle, "Raat bhar romance ke liye nayi lines sochte ho kya?"

"Nahi, raat bhar toh romance ke naye tareeke sochta hun." He gave a lopsided smile.

His heavy lidded eyes, sleep laden voice, hair falling on the forehead... and such talks made her go weak in his arms.

"Bas ab zyada majnu mat bano subah subah... chodo mujhe." She controlled herself.

"Subah subah? Madam, abhi aath baj rahe hain... subah subah toh tab thi jab main utha tha." His eyes cleared up.