Hero

"Yeh log kabse aapse milna chahte the... story likhwana chahte hain aapse... lagta hai har channel pe ab toh aapka hi sikka chalega." He patted the back of the person standing next to him.

Introductions were made. They were all producers of the shows she had watched in Ahmedabad. They were polite and decent, asking her if she could write for them. Some had story ideas as well which they wanted her to develop in her own style. They gave their numbers, asking her to let them know her decision. Naina was overwhelmed with the faith they seemed to be having in her capability.

"Ma'am, aapka touch milte hi story super hit ho jayegi... jitne achhe se aap har character ke emotions ko likhte ho, bas agar Shilpa aur Mayank jaise sahi actors mil jaayein toh show mein jaan aa jayegi." One of the producers, who was well known for making family drama, praised her.

"Mera naam kisne liya... tareef ho rahi hai kya meri?" Another person joined the group, appearing from behind.

He wrapped one arm around the shoulder of the producer who was speaking, looking directly at Naina.

"Arre Mayank ji, aaiye... abhi aapke aur Shilpa ji ke baare mein hi baat kar rahe the." The producer shook his hand.

"Meri tareef toh sabhi karte hain zara inki bhi kar dijiye... main pehle mila nahi kabhi." His eyes were still on her.

Naina felt a little uncomfortable. No one till now had behaved badly with her, but this one person made her squirm just by the way he looked at her.

Mr Kapoor turned a little stiff, a noticeable change from his usual affable self, "Mayank ji, yeh hamare show ki writer hain, Naina ji... aur yeh hamare show ke male lead hain... aap toh jaanti hi hongi."

Then it struck her. Of course, he was the hero of the show... but the character that he played was extremely loveable... soft and understanding... also, it had a different, simple, small town look... hence she could not recognise him in his flashy, flamboyant personality.

"Jee, maine dekha hai inhe." She gave a polite smile, deciding not to hurt his ego by saying that she couldn't place him in first look.

Mayank smiled brightly, "Wow, aap hain woh jinhone yeh kamaal ki kahani likhi hai... lekin Kapoor sahab, aap toh keh rahe the ki show ki writer chotti si hai... mujhe toh aisa nahi lagta."

His eyes scanned her from top to bottom. Naina cringed at his gaze, nervously tugging at the corner of her pallu.

"Mayank ji, yeh college mein padhti hain... yeh kaha tha maine... chaliye wahan kuch log aapka interview lene ke liye kabse baithe hain." Mr Kapoor seemed to be aware of his wavering stares.

Mayank moved towards Naina, "Interview wale wait karenge... pehle inhe thank you toh bol dein zara."

Mr Kapoor immediately moved between him and Naina. She looked back to see where Sameer was. He stood at the same place outside the hall, his back towards them.

"Please Sameer, idhar dekho." She silently prayed.

He didn't move.

"Naina... waise jisne bhi naam rakha hai kaafi soch ke rakha hai... aapke liye perfect hai... bohot khoobsurat hain aapki aankhen." He leaned a bit, making her more uncomfortable.

"Chaliye, aap ko baaki sab cast members se milwata hun." He forwarded his hand to take her away, irritated by Mr Kapoor trying to keep distance between them.

Naina folded her hands, "Thank you Mayank ji, main mil chuki hun pehle, abhi mere pati intezar kar rahe honge, mujhe jaana hai."

He was taken aback for a moment, but got back to normal the next, "Oho, toh aapne itni jaldi shaadi bhi kar li... kya baat hai... par ab toh woh pati hai na... fir kahan jayega... intezar karega hi... aur aap jaisi biwi ho toh koi kitna bhi intezar kar sakta hai."