Precious

The house was enveloped in darkness, with just one light in the porch showing the parking area clearly. Naina got down as he stopped, opening the gate to let Sameer bring the car inside. She secured the heavy metal gate once he parked in the designated place.

He fished out keys from his pocket, opening the main door of the house. Naina turned on the switch... the darkness was immediately overcome by bright lights, fans swirling into action as well.

"Toh?" He stood against the shut door, arms crossed against his chest.

"Toh kyaa?" She placed the packet of sweets on the table, turning to look at him.

"Toh... bas yehi?" He raised his brow, taking slow steps towards her.

"Toh bas yehi kya?" She tried to control the smile lingering at the corner of her lips, blinking her eyes innocently.

"Yeh... yeh mithai... matlab khana nahi khilaogi... bas yehi? Ramdhari nahi hai toh kya mujhe bhooke rehna padega?" He pouted, rubbing his stomach.

"Achhaa... bohot bhookh lagi hai? Theek hai... khana zaroor khilaungi... apne haathon se banake." She smiled sweetly, hiding the surprise at his sudden change of track.

Before he could hold her, she hastened to the kitchen. He was right behind her next moment. She looked at the basket of vegetables kept in one corner.

"Toh patidev, bataiye... inn sabme se aap kya khana pasand karenge... aapki biwi zaroor aapki farmaaish poori karegi." She waved at the basket, turning to face him.

He dipped his head to the side, his eyes raking over her from top to bottom.

"Maine khane ke baare mein poocha hai." She felt conscious of his gaze, moving to the side, twisting her dupatta.

"Khane ki farmaiish hi bata raha hun." He took a step ahead, standing close so that her arm pressed against his chest.

She did not look up at him, knowing very well he would be gazing at her. He leaned... before she could say anything, he had picked up a bunch of spinach from the basket.

"Tum na, palak paneer bana do." He held the bunch out to her.

She tilted her head, accepting.

He leaned again... picking up a cauliflower.

"Masala gobhi bhi bana do... tumhe toh pata hi hai mujhe kitni pasand hai." He held out the big cauliflower.

She smiled, nodding, as she took it from him.

He leaned again, pressing against her arm.

"Yeh bhindi badi achhi lag rahi hai... aise karo, bharwan bhindi bhi bana lo... bohot din se khayi nahi hai." He looked carefully at the single ladyfinger he had picked from the small basket filled with it.

"Kyon nahi... aur kuch?" Naina grabbed the bhindi from him.

"Umm... aur kya?" He lifted the lid of one of the containers.

It contained curd.

"Arre waah, dahi ki kadhi saath mein bana dena... Pandit ko bohot pasand hai." He exclaimed.

Naina pursed her lips, pulling the container closer to where she had kept all the vegetables.

"Bas itna hi khaoge aaj?" She asked with a straight face.

"Haan, aaj ke liye kaafi hai... dopaher ko chachiji ne itna khila diya tha isliye abhi zyada bhook nahi hai... itne se ho jayega." He raised his palms at her.

"Oh, aaj halka khane ka mood hai... isliye." She nodded in understanding.

"Aur kya, kabhi kabhi halka bhi khana chahiye... sehat ke liye achha rehta hai." He gave her a bright smile.

Kabhi toh Nazar Milao Part 2जहाँ कहानियाँ रहती हैं। अभी खोजें