Chapter 1

Outside on the playground, a group of boys was surrounding a girl with short purple hair and red eyes. She had golden dragonfly wings. The boys all seemed to be preteens and she was only four years old. The girl was sending wind blasts at them as they tried to get closer.

"Give up Eva!" a boy snarled.

" Stay back!" Eva cried as she blasted one away with some wind.

"Come on we just want to look at those pretty wings of yours," another sneered as someone grabbed her from behind and shoved her into the ground.

"Let me go!" Eva cried out as she tried to kick him. 

"Not a chance, we can make a fortune off of these!" the first boy laughed as the one that held her started to overpower her.

"Ahh!" Eva cried out in pain. "Please, stop!"

"Oh, keep quiet, it doesn't hurt that bad," the one pulling stated. 

"No one's going to come for you, freak," someone sneered. The boy that held her down yanked harshly, Eva's eyes went wide as they brimmed with tears, the boy had ripped her lower left wing out, and blood splattered everywhere. He smiled happily as he held up the wing. Eva's cried out in pain.

"We could make 400 bucks off these," the second guy stated. "Each!"

"Get another!" the third boy encouraged.

"Take this one," the fourth boy said as he threw a wing at the 6th boy and started to pull at Eva's top right wing.

"Get away from her!" a boy yelled as a rock hit the eighth boy. Eva glanced over to see two boys she went to preschool school with. One had ash blonde hair and the other had messy green hair. It was Katuski Bakugo and Izuku Midoryia. Izuku launched another pebble at the boys. " Pick on someone your own size!"

"Puny twirps," the third boy grunted as Eva's wing went back to being pulled, she cried out, and more blood was spilling out everywhere. 

"Stay away if you know what's good for you," the fourth boy warned as he yanked and pulled out another wing. Eva cried out even harder, the pain was so intense, that she was starting to lose consciousness. 

"I said stay away from her, dammit!" Bakugo yelled as he punched his fist, and explosions erupted. Before Eva could process what happened, all eight boys had been beaten to a pulp, and all of them ran away crying and screaming. 

Hours later, Eva was at the hospital with her dad and the two boys. After six hours she was allowed to leave, her dad walked in front as Eva walked with the two boys.

"What did the doctors say?" Izuku asked. 

"They said my wings will grow back," Eva answered.

"And your quirk?" Katuski asked as he had his hands behind his head, elbows in the air.

"It won't work again till my wings are fully grown back," Eva answered. " My quirk is currently damaged."

"For how long?" Bakugo asked.

"Uh," Eva began. "About six months."

"Those bullies are going to pay!" Izuku yelled.

"This isn't a job for a quirkless loser, like you, "Bakugo sneered at the green-haired boy.

"Well, thank you both," Eva said softly. " You didn't have to come to my rescue."

"It's what heroes do," Izuku said. "They come to help those in need."

"Just like All might," Bakugo laughed. "I'm going to be a hero just like him."

"Hm," Eva sounded. " If it wasn't for either of you, I'd probably be dead." Bakugo glared at the quirkless boy, but the words added to his ego. Izuku held out a hand, and Eva looked at it hesitantly before grabbing it. For the short time Eva had known Izuku, he was very caring and kind.