Chapter 56

They continued with fighting Shigaraki, who had avoided another of Endeavor's attacks.

"You know if your eyes are on me..." began Shigaraki looking toward Aizawa. "Then you should assume I can see you as well." He landed on the ground; then took off. "Eraser head, you're standing in my way."

"You won't touch him!" said Rock Lock charging Shigaraki.

Aizawa reached into his pocket leaning forward. "You're the one who's standing in the way." Gran Torino charged in from the side, Rock Lock from the front; Eva was coming from the back with her bug catcher ready. Everything seemed to be moving slowly; when Izuku entered the fight, he slammed his head into Shigaraki.

"Deku!" gasped Eva; she had known Izuku and Katsuki entered the area a bit back; their energies and scents were always something she could pick up easily.

"Kid, no!" protested Gran Torino.

"If Shigaraki can't use his powers, then let us join the fight against him!" urged Izuku; he focused on Shigaraki. "The worse thing would be losing Mr. Aizawa! He's protected his students this whole time! We can't lose him after everything he's done! Or what are we even doing?"

"Midoriya, I..." grunted Aizawa in surprise. 

Katsuki suddenly appeared from above. "It's our turn!" Explosions were starting to go off. "To return the favor!" Izuku jumped over; using Black Whip to hold Shigaraki. "How's this for rational, Teach? A.P. Machine Gun!" He let off multiple explosions.

Shigaraki emerged from the smoke untouched. "Heh! Aren't those fireworks adorable?" Blackwhip prevented him from moving any further for a moment; Izuku let out a yelp. "I'm sorry, but I'm afraid you're just not interesting to me anymore." Endeavor appeared in between throwing Shigaraki back with fire. 

"Endeavor, sir!" said Izuku.

"Where is Shoto?" demanded Endeavor.

"Outside the zone," answered Izuku.

"That is false," denied Eva; they looked over. "He should be here in a few minutes or so." She pointed her head in a direction. She could feel his energy approaching steadily. Katsuki focused on Eva for a minute; she was torn up heavily; bleeding from her head, and one of her shoes was gone with that foot injured; the missing finger was easy to see. He wanted to remove her from the battlefield and get her far away from the danger. But he knew Gran Torino was right, they needed her.

"I need you to protect him for me," Gran Torino instructed Manual and Rock Lock.

"Yeah, we got it!" assured Rock Lock. "He's not getting hurt on our watch, don't worry."

"His power and endurance are comparable to All Might's now," informed Endeavor.

"Really?" asked Izuku. "But how?"

"As long as I don't blink that physical strength is his only advantage," informed Aizawa. "I'll keep my eyes open as long as I can."

"Deku, Bakugo," grunted Endeavor. "There's nothing we can do about you two being here. I won't ask why you came." Shigaraki charged; so did Endeavor. "But we need to support Eraser! Bakugo, you cover Deku!" Eva gasped to see a wound appear through Shigaraki's eye.

"Dear little brother," said Shigaraki making him and Deku gasp.

"Hell Spider!" said Endeavor; the opponent dodged the attack; then started to smile. Gran Torino slammed his legs into Shigaraki's arm.

"One blow can be fatal," acknowledged Gran Torino. "But I excel at dodging! I trained a guy with crazy strength. By comparison, this'll be a breeze." He grabbed hold of Shigaraki. "You coward. I won't let you keep disgracing Shimura's memory."