Chapter 46

At the moment; everyone on campus was working hard on the winter cleaning. Eva always kept on keeping her room spotless; growing up with Katsuki; got drilled into her the importance of a spotless living space; she even has a specific order of doing things.

1. Declutter and pick up

2. Personal bathroom

3. Plants

4. Desk

5. Closet

6. Strip bed/Laundry

7.  Bookshelf/dresser

8. Mini fridge

9. Balcony

10. Sweep and vacuum 

After going through her list; Eva stepped out into the hallway to see Yaoyorozu and Tsu getting ready to take their trash down.

"Your cleaning going well?" Eva asked.

"I still have so much to do," Yaoyorozu admitted in slight embarrassment. "I'm taking a load down so it's not too much later."

"I can do it for you," Eva offered. "I just finished."

"Can you take mine too?" Tsu asked. "Ribbit."

"Of course," Eva nodded as she took the bags. "Good luck!" They nodded as Eva went to the elevator, it stopped at the fourth floor to let Shoji on. "Hello, Shoji."

"I can take those for you," Shoji offered as the elevator doors closed. He had numerous cardboard boxes in his hands; Eva was a bit confused by the sight. Shoji then explained how he cleaned his room, the communal bath for the boys, and the kitchen and offered to take the girl's trash out.

"I appreciate your help," Eva began. "I want to take this moment to stretch my wings more." Shoji nodded in an understatement; the two talked more as they made their way down to the dumpster.

"If I'm being honest," Shoji began. "I'm surprised you're not a minimalist like me." Eva looked at him. "I heard Fae aren't materialistic."

"Most of it is just to help with homesickness," Eva answered. "Being away from the Otherworld like this can be hard at times." She looked at him. "Sorry about making the plant suggestion to you on the first day of living at the dorms; it wasn't polite of me."

"Don't concern yourself with it," Shoji assured as they approached a group of people; it was their other classmates...Iida, Kirishima, Koda, and Tokoyami. "Garbage run?" He then explained the boxes to those boys. They asked them about the mini earthquake and strange noises.

"The mini earthquakes have been strange," Eva answered. "They aren't happening like normal earthquakes either."

"The noises are too faint to pinpoint, though," said Shoji.

"I can't claim to know what's going on, but we ought to inform Mr. Aizawa posthaste, once we're finished out here," said Iida. They had finally reached the backup transport near the woods; a small pile seemed to have already formed.

"What's this?" Eva asked as she picked up a magazine from a cardboard box.

"Batboy!?" Tokoyami exclaimed with excitement; he was next to her.

Kirishima had the same sparkle in his eyes. "Ooh, that brings me back?"

"What is Batboy?" Iida asked.

"A real popular American movie made way back when," said Kirishima. "Batboy! The kid superhero who controls bats! Kinda cool how he was more of a dark hero, y'know. You've never seen the flick?"