Chapter 30

Everyone was now waiting around for the next instructions. They were staring at the screen, it was showing them the arena.

"Oh, right," Mera said. "For the 101 of you who passed the first test, please turn your attention to the screen."

"It's the test arena," Izuku said.

"What happens next?" Urakaka asked. Suddenly, the buildings and terrain began to get destroyed. 

"Why?" all the students asked. 

"Wait. Does that mean?" Izuku asked. 

"There's only one more round to the exam," Mera informed. "Your goal is simple: undertake rescue exercises and save the bystanders who are trapped in these disaster sites."

"Save the what?" Mineta asked Kaminari asked.

"Bystanders," Eva answered looking over at them.

"We learned about them in class, remember?" Hagakure asked. "They're people at a disaster scene.

"It can also simply refer to innocent citizens on the street," Yayorozu elaborated. 

"Use this time to show us how you will carry out successful rescue and procedures once you receive your provisional licenses," Mera instructed. "Treat this as though it were the real thing." Eva thought back to the day she lost her mom. 

"Rescuing," Izuku breathed

"On the screen," Shoji noticed. 

"Little kids and old people?" Sato gasped. 

"That's so dangerous. Why are they here?" Mineta asked. 

"These specialists have been trained as professional persons in need of recuse," Mera answered. "They're very popular. Introducing the Help Us Company also known as HUC for short."

"So, they're basic actors, I guess?" Sero gathered,  

"It's the kind of job you never think about," Tsu said.

"But a necessary one in our world, since they support our hero training," Ojiro said. 

"The HUC bystanders have dressed up like injured victims and will be located throughout the disaster site," Mera explained. "We'll be judging how well you keep them safe as you go about your mission. Oh, by the way. We'll be scoring you on a point-based system. If you have more points than the benchmark at the time the exercise comes to an end, then you pass the exam. We'll start in ten minutes. Take care of any necessary preparations now."

"This looks familiar," Iida said. 

"It's like Camino Ward," Izuku nodded. "I wonder if they based it off that."

"It's true that the situations are similar," Eva said. 

"But our only goal then was to rescue Bakugo from the villains," Iida added. "We let the pros handle search and recovery." He looked at the other two. "And you'll recall, there were many casualties."

"Not this time," Izuku grunted. After the reveal, all the students took ten minutes to relax and prepare. Eva and Todoroki were talking to each other about how the first round went for them, along with a strategy for the next round.

"Oh, hey, it's Shiketsu," Kirishima said with a mouth full of bread. They looked over to see some students walking over to where Katsuki was standing. 

"Bakugo," Mora said. 

"What?" Katsuki asked.

"I think you met Shishikura in the test," Mora said. "My classmate with the flesh-molding power?"