Chapter 12

Eva and Awase peacefully made their way up to the stands.

"So you can weld anything?" Eva asked. 

"Organic and inorganic," Awase answered. "I am capable of melding myself with objects or other people. I can reverse it. Though it won't work if I don't make contact with more than one object."

"That is so cool," Eva complimented. "Way cooler than mine!"

"If you team up with Iida ever, you'll be breaking sound," Awase laughed.

"I mentioned that to him earlier," Eva smiled lightly. 

"May I ask you something?" Awase asked right before the area of their seats, they stopped walking. "Why do you like that asshole Bakugo so much?"

"He's a good guy, honestly," Eva said. "He's the only reason I applied to this school in the first place." Awase seemed surprised. "He's a lot kinder than you think."

"I don't believe you," Awase said. "His pride---."

"He does need to work on that," Eva admitted. "But come to it...I trust him with my whole life, I'd put my life on the line for him."

"But this is Bakugo," Awase said.

"We grew up together, Midoriya as well," Eva began. "When I was eight, fireworks were going on, but I couldn't go due to being sick...so Katsuki brought them to me."

"That's surprising," Awase admitted. "We should find our seats before the next match starts."

"Right," Eva nodded. They went down to their sections, Eva looked over to see Izuku, Iida, and Urakaka giving her thumbs up.

"Well done," Iida complimented. "Your speed..."

"Good job on shutting those 1-B losers up!" Bakugo laughed. "They'll think twice before messing up us again!"

"Thanks, Katsuki," Eva smiled as she made her way down to her seat.  The moment she sat down, Izuku showed her his notebook, with the new notes he made on her page.

"Time to welcome new competitors!" Present Mic shouted. "Even beautiful flowers have thorns. It's the assassin from Class 1-B. Ibara Shizoaki from the hero course! Versus the boy with an electric personality! Another hero in the making, Denki Kaminari!" Eva pushed the notebook down so she could get a look at the match about to happen. "Keep those eyes peeled. I wanna see a super flashy battle this time!"

"Excuse me!" Shiozaki cut him off. "Please pardon the interruption. I'm not sure why you called me an assassin. I've come to the festival in search of victory, not to take my opponent's life. That wouldn't be in line with the values of a hero at all, sir."

"Right, I'm sorry," Present Mic apologized. 

"Gentlemen, I didn't enter UA for wicked or selfish reasons, but to deliver salvation to others!" Shiozaki explained. "It is my humble quest to spread true good across this world."

"Listen, I said I was sorry!" Present Mic shouted. "That was my bad, okay?"

"I thank you for your kind understanding," Shiozaki smiled. She bowed a bit.

"I thought everyone in Class 1-B was a jerk," Kaminari admitted.  Shiozaki made her way to her side of the battlefield.   

"So, anyway, begin!" Present Mic exclaimed.

"What do ya say me and you go out after this?" Kaminari asked. "I'd be happy to treat you to a bite. And comfort you after your loss. 'Cause this is all gonna be over in two seconds, honey." Kaminari lit up in lightning. "Indiscriminate Shock. One point three million volts!" He sent a shock to her, Shiozaki turned around, and her hair created a shield, sprung up through the ground, and captured Kaminari.