Chapter 49

The Endeavor Agency had many living quarters; for them to stay in along with the famous Flamin' sidekicks. After the quick meeting Eva had with Endeavor; she lay in her room wide awake with the curtains wide open. Even after such an exhausting day; she could not fall asleep. Eva didn't look over when the door to her room quickly opened and closed; footsteps dragged over to the bed.

"Why are you still up?" Eva asked as Katsuki pushed her over.

"Because of your dumbass," Katsuki answered as he got in the bed; Eva looked over at him it was clear he was half-asleep. "Knew you'd be awake still." He turned on his side, and Eva looked at the ceiling. "If you're not going to go to sleep then tell me what's on your mind."

"Stubborn as always," Eva commented; she felt him roll toward her Eva told him about the meeting she had with Endeavor.

"He is partially right," Katsuki said. "You are wasting your potential if you don't aim for the top."

"But I don't want to be at the top of the pros," Eva reminded him.

"That shouldn't stop you from striving to give it your all," Katsuki answered. "Your hero work will most likely count as responsibilities to Earth." Eva looked at him. "Humans are a part of Earth too." Eva finally rolled to face him. "You are aiming to be a respectable hero; someone that shows up for people that lost hope. A goal like that needs just as much work as my goal of surpassing the current number-one hero." He then rolled over. "Now go to sleep so I can get some sleep."

"Love you," Eva said as she rolled over; putting her back to his back.

Katsuki smiled. "Love you too."

As soon as Eva fully fell asleep; she found herself dreamwalking. Eva found herself in the middle of a garden; all around her was a traditional Japanese house there were many walkways to the building in front of her. Sitting on one of the walkways was Endeavor; he seemed to be meditating. 

Eva left the garden slowly walking up to the man. "Endeavor, sir?"

He opened his eyes. "Do you intrude on people's dreams often?"

"I'm still trying to get the hang of it," Eva admitted. "I thought about what you said; you are right I am wasting my talent."

"Good," Endeavor said. 

"Katsuki reminded me that humans are a part of the Earth," Eva said. "I want to protect them, even if they won't do the same for me. She tilted her head. " What do you mean by the work-study being insurance?" Endeavor gasped. "Why is the work studies mandatory this time around?"

"What else do you know?" Endeavor asked.

"I suspect there is a storm coming," Eva answered. "Hawks pushing the Destro book; insisting on certain highlighted passages to be read; you changing your mind on training all your work-study students instead of just your son."

Endeavor sighed. "The world is changing faster than any of us can comprehend. Heroes are not all they seem to be."

"I'm well aware," Eva said. "Heroes are no different now than they were back when all they relied on was their sword and shield." Endeavor looked at his hands. "Heroes have constantly been going over to a more villainous side, and villains have the same potential to change over to a more heroic one as well." Eva looked back at the garden.

Endeavor got to his feet. "These next four months will be crucial to our fight up ahead; forge all the experience you'll gain from this into your whole being. I want you to work on perfecting your quirk as well as your magic."

"You sound like Mr. Aizawa," Eva said. "He's advised the same thing."

"You remind me of Shoto in some ways," Endeavor admitted. "He's rejected a power inside of him in a similar sense of you ignoring what's always been inside of you." There was a silence. "You mostly remind me of Eumelia.