Chapter 34

The next morning came, and Eva was back at Sir Night Eye's agency, it would be her first official day. She was beyond happy that Izuku was to join her at the agency as well. Those two and Mirio were now in her hero costumes.

"Today, we will be doing patrols and surveillance," Nighteye revealed. "We'll split up into two teams. "I'll be with Bubble Girl and Mirio, you're with Yuki and Midoriya."

"Surveillance?" Izuku repeated. 

"Nighteye Agency is currently working on a secret investigation," Bubble Girl explained. 

"Shie Hassaikai is a small organized crime syndicate," Sir began to explain. "That's Kai Chisaki. As the young head of the group, he's its second-in-command, and he's been behaving strangely lately. That plague mask is his trademark."

"What happened to the old boss?" Eva asked.

"The old boss?" Bubble Girl asked. "Do you know anything?"

"Some fairies teamed up with these groups for extra protection," Eva answered. "After the Mesplius forest incident, that group offered protection as well as a safe haven to the fairies. Some agreed, and some declined. My dad made a deal with the old boss, he wanted to live the life he wanted but wanted peace as well. They would meet up once a month, but that ended about three years back."

"Another thing to add to the list about this man," Sir said. "Thank you for that input."

"Creepy," Izuku commented. "I thought...there wasn't much trouble with organized crime these days since the police know who they are and monitor their movements." He looked at the picture and then showed Eva. The man had a steampunk plague mask and purple feathering on the coat.

"It's been that way since the big groups broke up," Bubble Girl explained. "But this Chisaki guy is starting to gather them together again, though we don't know why. The details are unclear, but we do know he made contact with the League of Villains recently."

"The League of Villains?" Eva repeated. 

"Unfortunately we don't have solid proof linking him to anything criminal yet," Sir said. "Hassakie operates in a legal gray area that's close to black, but we can't treat them like villains. Our objective is to tail them and find out what they're up to. Be careful not to arouse any suspicion."

"Yes, sir!" Everyone responded. Soon they were all out on the street in their teams. 

"Ya' know?" a civilian asked.

"Hey, look! Heroes!" the girl next to her pointed out. 

"Those two are from the UA sports festival!"

"This is sorta nerve-racking," Izuku admitted. 

"What gives?" Mirio asked.  "You went out on patrol during your internship, didn't you? Though, I guess I don't blame you for being shaken after what went down."

"Oh, no," Izuku denied. "It's not that. I just kinda missed out on learning some of the basics, so..."

"Yeah?" Mirio asked. "Huh, that must be strange. Ah, don't you worry. Sir and Bubble are the ones who are actually watching the target today, so I can teach you all about patrol duty. We'll get you up to snuff!" He gave a thumbs-up, then moved his arms super fast. "Just watch and learn, my friend!" As Izuku went into deep thought, Eva observed how carefree Mirio was even as a hero. "Hey, we forgot something! Our hero's names. We should know each other's, right? I already know Violet Gust, so what is yours?"

"Oh, yeah, yeah, totally. I'm Deku!" Izuku revealed. 

"Deku?" Mirio repeated. "Like deck? That's weird."