Chapter 44

They watched as Match 4 went underway; Bakugo's team had all split up for the most part. Sero was setting traps while Jiro was listening for any signs of movement from the other team.

"Currently, Class A and Class B are neck and neck when you look at the stats," Vlad King reported. "But while they may seem evenly matched, the truth is Class A's win was mostly thanks to Shinso so it barely counts!" He started laughing, throwing his head back. "I think we all know what that says about them

"You've got to stop rooting for your own class, Mr. Vlad!" Kirishima and Kaminari shouted with Aoyama and Tokoyami behind them.

"Vlad sure is hot-blooded for someone with blood control," Midnight noted.

"He obviously loves his students," All Might added. "A lot."

Aizawa walked over to his students in protest. "Stop complaining."

Kaminari spun around with a fist raised. "WHAT?! Sir, this is a legitimate protest!"

Aizawa fell into a more sour mood. "Is this how you'll react if you mess up in a real fight? Meanwhile, Class B is coming up with plans and countermeasures to win." They all groaned. "Vlad speaks the truth. Which means he's technically beating me."

Vlad King laughed loudly into his microphone; Monoma joined in on the laughter. "No surprised these troublemakers can't hack it. Wanna know why? The reason you get caught up in so many disasters is because you're immature." He cackled more till Kendo chopped in the neck; Vlad King looked back in question. 

"Do you think Monoma has rubbed off on Mr. Vlad?" Eva asked. "They laugh the same."

"It could be the other way around," Mineta suspected.

"Class B has been training hard every day to become stronger," All Might noted. "Class A still has plenty to offer."

"You certainly are sweet on Class A," Midnight pointed out.

"I'm fond of every student!" All Might defended himself.

On the screen, they watched Bakugo yell at the others; they tried to keep up with him as he blasted through the air from pipe to pipe. Bakugo shot out a blast landing on a pipe; Jiro's ears lodged into a pipe and the ground. Her ear jacks moved around to different spots. Bakugo glanced back at Jiro; then forward swinging at what seemed to be only Tokage's mouth. Many of Tokage's fragments mainly targeted Bakugo; he kept blasting to keep them from touching him. Sero quickly put together traps of their own; which got covered in Bondo's glue. Class A seemed to be trapped in a giant spiderweb beside Bakugo. Kamakiri shot down with blades popping out of his arms; he sliced up many pipes; they began to fall on Class A.

Sato went to take the blow for Jiro and Sero when Bakugo's explosions took out the attack. Kamkiri aimed for Jiro; Bakugo put his foot on Jiro's back as a platform; he let off a huge explosion in front of Kamkiri.

'Look at him go,' Eva smiled as watched intensely along with everyone else. 

He continued to go after the lizard man with another huge explosion till Class B pulled back.

"Sorry, what?" Monoma asked as he rubbed his eyes. "There must be something in my eyes." He started laughing. "Looked like he protected Jiro just now."

"Heck yeah," Kaminari smiled. "By kicking her."

"Your eyes aren't fooling you," Eva confirmed. "Katsuki has always been protective even if you don't notice it."

Kirishima put a hand on Monoma's shoulder. "You're getting to see what out Bakugo is really like." Monoma twitched. "Cool, huh?"