Chapter 8

The school was closed the day after the League of Villains attacked the USJ. When morning came around, Eva went to her window to find Izuku's window slamming open.

"Something on your mind?" asked Eva as Izuku climbed over to her window, still in his PJs like her.

"Yesterday," said Izuku getting into her room. "You snapped that Nomu's arm like a twig."

"What about?" asked Eva as she went sat on the chair at her desk.

"Since when could you do that?" asked Izuku pulling out his notebook. "I've known you for quite a long time and have never seen you use that amount of strength."

"I've always been pretty strong," said Eva. "Supernatural strength." Izuku looked up at her. "I'll explain." Izuku smiled enthusiastically, after talking to Izuku for a good hour, he went home and Eva went out to spend time with her dad.

Eva was at home with her dad, he was carefully examining the damage to her wing as they watched the news report.

"I heard you were quite the fighter from your teachers," her dad said. "Only 3 days in and your hero's progress is already going well."

"It comes at a cost," Eva said. "I can't risk having my wings broken, I'm not Izuku who goes around getting his bones broken all the time." Her dad laughed. "Daddy."

"You both have a similar drive to become heroes," Her dad said. "Every broken body part can lead to you working harder to make sure it doesn't happen again...as for your wings. Each time one breaks a stronger one forms. Making them harder to break the next time you get into a fight like that." She looked back at them.

"They are going to be a bit uneven," Eva said, as she grabbed onto one of the wings, she pulled on one, and pieces came off her eyes went wide.

Her dad tapped her shoulder." You have nothing to worry about, you are going to be alright. Your wings will be whole again. Plus, as you know we go through a shedding stage with our wings four times a year."

"Has this ever happened to you?" Eva asked. "Them breaking?"

"Multiple times," Her dad nodded. "I recall it happening while on a date with your mother in the forest--."

*****

That night Eva sat in her room doing homework when her window was slammed up. She looked up to see Bakugo climbing in through the window.

"Isn't it past your bedtime?" Eva asked crossing her arms, Bakugo looked at her with rage.

"I thought only one broke," Katsuki said as he stared at another piece on the bed.

"This one just broke today, late after effect," Eva answered as she turned back to her homework. "My dad says it's going to be alright."

"That was reckless of you to go into it like that," Katsuki stated as he picked up the broken piece. "You could've gotten way worse than a few broken wings."

"I learned from it," Eva said. "My recklessness didn't go to waste."

"You aren't getting it," Katsuki grunted. "There could have been repeats from when we were younger, and if you died it would have been my fault."

"How so?" Eva asked. "It was my actions."

"And it was me who convinced you to try out UA in the first place," Katsuki said. "Just be more careful...promise." Eva nodded. "Look at me, dammit!" She looked over at him. 

"I promise," Eva breathed, she's never seen him that serious.

 "Why do you want to be a pro hero?" Katsuki asked as he looked over her shoulder.