Chapter 48

Later Christmas morning came around; Eva woke up to learn that Shoto had his arms wrapped around her during the night. She wiggled around a bit to get out of his grasp; changed into her regular human clothes then left the room through the balcony. Bakugo's balcony door opened before Eva could even land on it. This was a tradition that started when they were kids; every Christmas morning; Eva came and visited Bakugo; even if they had been with each other the previous night.

"Happy Christmas!" Eva greeted him when she got into the room.

Bakugo suddenly pulled her toward him. "Your wing has been restored!"

"Christmas miracle," Eva answered as she looked back. She would not dare tell Bakugo she was in the boy's bathroom with Iida and Tokoyami; he'd lose his head. Minutes later, Eva was under a couple of blankets sitting next to Katsuki on his bed; they were watching an action movie together; also part of the tradition.  At some point during the movie, Eva's phone lit up.

"You got a text from the Togata guy," Katsuki said as he picked up her phone. "Your fairy godchild likes her present." 

Eva looked over to see Eri was dressed in a pink dress; the dress was made out of apple flowers; Eri had her wings on and was smiling brightly. "Thank you for helping me put it together."

Katsuki sat up grabbing a box off his nightstand. "For you." Eva looked under his bed pulling out a box. "How long has that been under there?"

"I'm surprised you didn't find it yourself," said Eva as they traded gifts. They both opened their gifts; Eva pulled out a giant stuffed animal, which was a sea turtle. She looked up to see Katsuki smiling widely at the spices she gifted him. "Thank you."

"Thank you," said Katsuki looking up; he kissed her forehead then looked down at the spices. "The food in this building will be tasting better by tonight." He looked to see her hugging the stuffed animal tightly. "Knew you would like it."

"Thanks, Katsuki," smiled Eva. "Just gotta think of a name now." The two returned to their movie while figuring out a name together. As they watched the movie, Eva took his hand and stared at his nails, she started to push back his cuticles with her thumb. Katsuki didn't mind at all. he never did. 

****

Eva was now at a meeting with All Might, Izuku, and Katsuki; she sat in the middle of the two again.

"Joining Endeavor, huh?" All Might asked. "All four of you? That sounds perfect! It's a great opportunity." 

"What should we do about my One For All training, though?" Izuku asked Eva and Bakugo glanced over.

"I think it's going smoothly for the time being," All Might answered. "Sure, you have Blackwhip to deal with now. But you haven't felt any other Quirks manifesting, right? If you can visualize the locking and unlocking properly, I don't think you need to worry about it getting out of control again."

"If I were you, I'd try to bust all of 'em out," Bakugo said.

"This is good timing for you too, Young Bakugo," All Might said.

"Huh?" Bakugo asked looking over.

"I'd say you and Endeavor are similar in many ways," All Might answered. "It'll be worthwhile for you to see what he's really like. He appears to be transforming." He turned to Eva. "Young Yuki...it's true your element is completely different than Endeavor...but in the way of the zodiac fire and air do get along."

"Hm?" Eva asked.

"Normally; wind currents are driven by temperature," All Might answered. "Whatever is taught to Young Bakugo and Young Todoroki has the possibility of being applied to the same sense of your wind." He leaned forward making a fist. "Do your best! If you three wanna be top heroes this is a solid step!"