Love Actually

Thank you all for voting and commenting on the previous story.

"Congratulations, Gauri! " her friends excitedly wished her. "Thanks guys!" Gauri says excitedly hugging them. She just got back from a week long quiz competition in Delhi and she had won second prize. "Where is Ridz?" Gauri asks excitedly. "In the church. She is in a pretty bad shape." They tell her sadly. "Really? What happened?" Gauri asks not even waiting for an answer she hurries to the campus church. Just when she reaches the church she sees Ridhima coming out. "Hey Ridz! What's up?" Gauri asks hurrying to her. "Congrats, Gauri." Ridhima says sadly smiling at her. "Thanks babe." Gauri says hugging her. "What happened to you? Don't tell me Omkara is getting married." Gauri says laughing. "You don't know?" Ridhima asks her shocked. "What?" Gauri asks as worry gripped her heart, "Don't tell me he is getting married." "How come you didn't know?" Ridhima asks her shocked. Omkara's and Gauri's parents were best friends and Omkara and Gauri practically grew up together, and Gauri could understand why Ridhima was shocked that she was not aware of Omkara's marriage, hell even she was shocked, there had been no indication of that. "But he is still studying!" "Marriage is after two years." Ridhima tells her gaping at her. "I need to talk to him." Gauri tells her and starts to run off. "Gauri, wait..." Ridhima says. "No, Ridz... I need to tell him what I feel for him. I can't lose him." Gauri says as tears filled her eyes and she hurries to find Omkara. It was a strange thing, in spite of growing up together, only after joining college did Gauri started having romantic feelings towards Omkara. And Ridhima and she had become best friends due to both of their fondness for Omkara. They had a pact that whoever Omkara choses among them the other would be only happy for their friend and it would never affect their friendship. They had even managed to keep the other girls away from snatching their man, our man that was what they liked to call him but now it looks like another girl was going to get him.

Gauri finally finds him at the campus auditorium. He seemed busy with some girls, happily flirting with them. She was about to go talk to him when she stopped in fear. What was she going to tell him? How can she tell him that what he had considered friendship was something entirely different for her? And she was telling him at a time when his marriage was fixed. But how can she not tell him and lose him? Ridhima will move away after college but she? She would be there always in his life watching him with another girl. She couldn't do that. "Hey Gauri! Congrats!" Rudra tells her as he walked towards her. "Heard you came second! We didn't even think you would last the first round." Rudra jokes to her. When she remains silent and kept watching Omkara happily talking to the girls, he tells her, "I guess your big thunder was blown away by Omkara's big news." Gauri turns to look at him, he was her friend but more importantly he was Omkara's best friend. She turns to him and says, "Please do me a favor." "What favor?" he asks. "Can you tell Omkara that I love him?" "WHAT?" "I don't have the courage to tell him. Please?" "But his marriage..." "That is why I want him to know that I love him before he gets married. Please Rudra?" "Fine, I'll talk to him. You want me to do it now?" Rudra asks as he patted her arms. "Yes." "Okay." She stood there as Rudra walked towards Omkara and pulls him aside. She could see Rudra talking to Omkara but couldn't see Omkara's reaction to what he was saying as his back was towards her. Finally, Rudra points to her and Omkara turns to look at her. His face was blank and she couldn't tell if he was angry, shocked or happy. Then he started walking towards her. For the first time in her life she wanted to run away like a coward. She forces herself to stand still as she nervously waited for him to come to her.

"Don't run." Omkara tells her as he watched her going pale by the second. "I am not going to run." Gauri replies as she took a step back. "Stand still, I need to talk to you." And Gauri stops moving back. "Rudra tells me that you are in love with me." Omkara tells her looking her in the eye. "Yes." Gauri nervously replies. "So what do you want me to do? Call off my marriage?" Omkara asks in a mocking tone. "If my feelings make any difference to you, then yes." Gauri tells him as she looked down. "Then what?" Omkara asks. "Then what?" Gauri asks back. "You want me to date you?" he asks her. "Omkara, are you making fun of me?" Gauri asks hurt. "No, Gauri. I have never been more serious in my life." "What do you want to do?" Gauri asks him. "I want to do whatever you want me to do." Omkara tells her. "What do you mean by that?" Omkara shrugs in reply. "I am serious, Omkara. I love you and I want to know if you feel anything for me." Gauri tells him with tears in her eyes. Omkara sighs and turns to Rudra and says exasperated, "Rudra yaar, I can't do this!" "Come on, maaan. Just humor her." Rudra tells him loudly. Gauri angrily looks at both of them and asks Omkara "What does that mean? Are you two making fun of my feelings?" Omkara looks at her sighs loudly then ignoring her question he continues talking, "Okay, let me get this straight. You love me. I assume you want me to love you back. And I assume that you want us to be a couple. Am I with you so far?" Omkara asks her while Gauri looks at him sadly, hurt that he was making fun of her feelings. She turns to walk off when he holds her hand. "I am not done. So I guess I am right so far. But where you have lost me is, after all that you want me to call off our wedding?" "What?" Gauri asks shocked seeing him grinning at her. Seeing her shocked expression he leans down and starts kissing her on her lips while she stood there shocked. "Everyone! Omkara and Gauri kissing!" Rudra shouts out cheering. Omkara looks at her and sees her gaping at him. "Who do you think my marriage is fixed with?" he asks her laughing. "Who?" she asks still shocked. "You didn't get it? Okay I'll give you another clue." He says and takes her lips in his again and starts kissing her. This time she kisses him back.

Gauri looks at him smiling now and then hugs him. "How come I didn't know?" she asks him shocked. "Because I told our parents that I wanted to tell you." Omkara tells her. "But how?" Gauri asks. "Well it happened like Mom told me that before I went to US for MBA she wanted me to be engaged so I won't come back with a foreigner. So I told her about you, and even before I could finish my parents had called up your parents and fixed the wedding. I wanted to tell you first but then Rudra found out he spread the news all over college. But somehow you managed to get only half the news." Omkara tells her grinning lovingly. "You knew about my feelings?" Gauri asks shocked. "Come on, Gauri. Did you really think I wouldn't hear about your our man thing? I just want to be your man, not both of yours." He says winking at her. "Ridhima!" Gauri says shocked remembering her best friend. "She is in love with you." "I knew. And she did tell me yesterday. I told her that I love you and have been in love with you since we both were in nappies. She seemed to understand." Omkara tells her. "Nappies?" Gauri asks shocked. "Okay... that was a bit of a stretch. But I have been in love with you since we were kids. It started as a crush but over the years it has turned to love." Omkara tells her. "So you love me?" Gauri asks amazed. "Yes." "Then why the hell didn't you ever tell me?" Gauri asks pissed. "Why didn't you tell me?" he asks. "I did now." "If a situation such as this arises I would have told you. And to tell you the truth, I was having too much fun watching you fending off the girls away from my side." He says chuckling. "You are sick!" Gauri says as she hits him. "But you love me anyway." He says as he pulled her close to him and hugs her. "I love you, Gauri."

Please vote and comment

- Lazy