“Don’t.” Edward’s dauntingly serious voice chimed in. She turned to him, seeing the frown across his face.

“What do you mean?” She asks.

Somehow, the look on his face made her feel a little bit more unsettled.

“The last thing you want to do is to try and find them.”

“How could you say that, Ned?” She felt heartbroken.

Edward thinned his lips, shaking his head as he tried to think of what he needed to say. She watched the struggle in his blue crystal eyes. The way it glistened with sadness made her throat itch from dryness.

“Your mother and father are cleaved wolves.”

Her eyes widened, feeling the pain in her only grow by the second. She didn’t want to believe it. It was too painful to believe him, so much so that a stray tear slip through her eyes.

“H-how?” She struggled to say.

“The pack was under attack, your mother and father were one of the first wolves to respond. They got badly injured during the fight, after that, they cleaved themselves, they couldn’t live with us anymore and Stylinson sent them away, that’s all I know.” Edward says.

Beneath the thin veil of his pained reaction, that small amount of untruth laid vehemently in his eyes.

He was hiding something.

Something more valuable from the truth. The struggle on his face as he shook off his thoughts made her realize how much he wanted to say. But he didn’t and remained silent.

“Ned,” She sobbed. “you’re hiding something.”

He looked at her with the saddest expression she ever saw him make. The gleeful eyes she loved seeing on him were replaced with saddened teary ones.

“Nothing, I just wish I did more to help them.” He smiled at her, letting off a quick chuckle.

“Then help me find them. Help me find them, Ned.” Her voice cracked with desperation. She didn’t want to stop, even if it was true. Cleaved or not, her will to know the real fate of her mother and father were still strong.

His eyes looked even more hurt.

“Of course.” Hods, giving her a fading smile as her heart continued to rip apart.

She smiled lopsidedly. Maybe it was all in her head and she was over-thinking through everything.

“I love you, you know that right?”

Lyra felt his hand caressing the top of her red hair.

“Yeah, I love you too.” She whispers.

Edward places a firm kiss on her temple, placing his arm over her shoulder as he pulled her into a warm embrace.

In the calmness of the moment, one stray thought passed by her.

Maybe Edward was all the family she needed and she was fine with that.

~•°•~

In the river’s running water, Felix washed his naked body. Meticulously scrubbing off anything that may stick on his skin. The blood, the pieces of skin, and hair he had just ripped off from the wolves who were crossing the Northern border.

Covering his tracks was the best thing he could do, and after disposing of the wolve’s body, he couldn’t risk the chance of being caught.

He looked over his shoulder, feeling the burning stare of a wolf.

“Edward.” He says.

The old wolf walked towards him, carrying a clean pair of pants and a shirt.

“Another one of them?” Edward asks.

“Three, actually.” he frowned. “One seeker and two fighters wolves. I’m pretty sure they were trained for this, they all packed a mean punch.”

“But nothing you can’t handle, right?”

“Meh, I got scraped.” He chuckled.

“They keep and keep entering the border, they will never learn.” Edward says, shaking his head.

“How much longer does this have to go on?” It was a question that kept floating in his mind.

Felix had told Lyra a lie. He wasn’t spending quality time with Edward, they were dealing with the wolves from the Midlanders and stopping them from entering the North.

“Until she’s gone from the pack.”

“Wouldn’t that make them go to the South instead?” He says, knowing the probability of that happening was all too big.

“We’ll throw them off the scent, don’t worry.” Edward shook his head.

“Why can’t we just tell her, Ned?” he asks. “Maybe she’ll understand, maybe she’ll say yes and go.”

“She won’t leave,” he said, his voice sounding exhausted. “she knows her mother and father are alive.” Edward lowered his head in frustration.

“We are running out of time,” Felix scowled in frustration. “we need to find a way to end this.”

“I know, the best thing we can only do is try harder on convincing her.”

Felix knew that it was wrong to hide all of this from Lyra, but it had to be done. In Edward’s words, it was done to protect her. But Felix was afraid of this. He couldn’t imagine if she found out anything about this.

He fell into a void of silence. When Edward called him for a favor, he didn’t expect it to be like this. If only Lyra realized that the person she was looking for was already in her sights.

~•°•~

I'm  sorry guys!

I knew I said I wanted to do a double update but when I read through this chapter, I decided to change parts of it.

But here it is!

I hope you like it. 💕
Tell me your thoughts in the comments. 

Next update is already on its way.

Jino

꧁hey...꧂

So erm...i wanted to do a shameless story plug.

(╥╯﹏╰╥)ง

If you're into Boss, ExGf Romance,  I published a book named “Heated Desire”

Come check it if you're interested.

Again, I love you guys!