𝗛𝗮𝗿𝗱 𝗮𝘀 𝘀𝘁𝗼𝗻𝗲

warren watched her from across the cafeteria. he's been here for a few days and met almost everyone, except her.

"he has heart eyes again" peter teased a heart eyed warren. "no, what?" warren shook his head out of his daze. "i don't know what for" jean grumbled peeling off a piece of her banana and putting into her mouth. "why so much hate for the girl?" scott made her look at him. "she's the rudest person in whole school"

warren furrowed his eyebrows and slowly panned his head back over to her. she was reading a thick book, at a table by herself. "she's reading a book" warren pointed out. jean crosses her arms and looked down at her plate.

"meh meh meh meh" she mumbled mocking him. "jean is just mad because she's the only girl she isn't friends with-"

"i don't get it! i'm fun, sweet!" jean threw her arms up in the air. "what's her name?" warren finally asked after having a conversation about her for the past five minutes. "y/n. daughter of medusa, hint the black shades" scott answered.

warren let out a quiet, 'ohhh' and nodded his head. "well her hair. i mean-" he started to say, noticing her hair was normal and not full of snakes.
"hasn't grown into them yet. she just wears the shades just incase it happens suddenly, so she wouldn't turn some random into stone for the rest of their lives" peter explained.

"i'm gonna go talk to her" warren stood up. scott smiled widely. "MY MAN-"
"oh! uh-um mention me!" jean yelled.

as warren walked closer to her, she started to sense him and got nervous. she continued to read her book, hoping he would just walk past her and head towards the lunch line. but he didn't. he sat across from her.

she looked up and took a look at him. "hi, i'm warren. i'm new here" he introduced himself. "yeah, i heard" she mumbled holding her book tighter. "i'm y/n" she introduced herself back deciding to take it further than she usually does. she was never comfortable with introducing herself, and never like to mention the other aspects of who she was, thinking it would make the other associate run off if she says so.

"yeah, i heard of you" he replied. she tilted her head curiously, wondering how he already knew her. warren caught on and began to quickly explain himself. "just a few minutes ago, my friends saw me look at you.."

her chin raised as a small smile stretched on her lips. "—wait not that i was staring. i-i just looked and was curious..curious as to why i haven't met you- which is why i'm here" he nodded his head hoping she would forget his little embarrassing moment.

"nice to know" y/n commented. "that you were staring at me" she finished a small chuckle leaving her mouth. "i was not staring-"

"i sensed you were looking at me"
warren's face fell and his eyebrows raised. "i could feel how everyone is feeling right this moment" she motioned her hand around herself but at the same time motioned around the lunch room. "how do they feel?" warren asked intrigued with this topic. she shifted in her seat closing her book and leaning over the table closer to him.

"stress," she began pointed to students and teachers. "stress, stress and more stress. joy...sadness...horny" she laughed at the last one. "it's annoying sometimes cause i don't really want to know" she retuned to her normal position. she began packing her thing and warren furrowed his eyebrows.

"we have like ten minutes left-"
"the bell is about to ring" she cut him. as she said that the bell rung. she stood up from her seat and began to walk away. "see you later" she said before she was too faraway. warren stumbled over the bench trying to get out faster to catch up to her but he lost her in the crowd of students.

"and just like that cinderella was gone" scott walked up behind him handing him his backpack.