jonah 🏞 mouse

It feels like just yesterday we were talking about our future lives together, planning out where we'd live, what adventures we'd go on, where we'd travel...

Sadly it was all cut way too short, my best friend was taken from me. He was taken from the world by the angels to go visit heaven for a while.

My tears fell onto the ground as I thought about the amazing time I was lucky enough to spend with him. I put the flowers down like I do every week, I rubbed his name that was written into the stone.

Even though it feels like yesterday he was still here, in my arms, laughing, oblivious to what was happening in his body. It's already been six months since he left for paradise.

Everything was going so well, until it didn't. I looked down at the ring on my hand, a ring he had given me on one of our first dates, 6 years ago now. I smiled as the tears spilled from my eyes.

Flashback

We were laying in bed talking calmly, I played with his necklace. He smiled and kissed my forehead before taking it off and putting it around my neck.

"Have it" "Jonah" "I want you to keep it, a part of me is always with you, remember it when you don't feel okay" "I love you" "I love you more, mouse" he whispered and kissed my nose sweetly.

~~

I touched the necklace and smiled, there's always a part of him with me. There always will be. More tears fell onto the ground.

"I miss you...you can't even imagine how much I miss you. You're in paradise now, happy."

I whispered

"I love you...you know that...and I promise one day I'll be able to tell you and I know you'll be waiting on me"

I wiped my tears and stood up, I looked down at the stone before looking up at the sky.

"I love you more, mouse"