daniel 🌅 babies

Request #12
wdwacopolypse

"hey what's up?"
"hey you don't have to pick Claire up from school, i'm already on my way i'll meet you at home"
"okay thanks, i'll order something for dinner"
"great see ya"
"love you bye"
"love ya"

——

Daniel p.o.v.

I parked infront of the school and waited for Claire to come out. About three minutes later she came out and saw my car, she smiled and ran over. She opened the door and sat in the passenger seat, she leaped over and hugged me.

"hi Dad!"
"hey baby, you ready to go home?"
"yeah"

——

We got home and she ran into the house, I chuckled and walked in. She was hugging Melanie, I walked over and hugged her myself.

"hey love"
"hi babe"

We shared a sweet kiss before she went back to the living room. I went up and got changed before going back down. We all sat on the couch and ate dinner. Melanie sat up and leaned her back against me, I put my arms around her and kissed her head. I leaned down to her ear and whispered.

"I got her present it's in our room"
"great thank you, she's gonna be one lucky ten year old"

We chuckled and she kissed me. Claire turned to us and looked at us confused before speaking.

"mom, dad"
"yes?"
"how are babies made?"

both of our eyes went wide, shit. We looked at each other not knowing what to say. We looked back at her genuinely curious face. Melanie sat up and looked at her.

"well uhm...sex"
"what's that?"

She looked at me, letting me take over that part.

"sex is something that people do when they love each other very much and decide that they want to have a baby"

She chuckled to herself knowing that we didn't really plan on having a baby ten years ago.

"you'll learn when you're older baby"
"so is sex just for babies?"
"yep!"

I said quickly, we both couldn't really keep our laughter in because let's say we weren't always the most innocent couple.

She turned back to the tv and continued watching her show. We both shared a look and I shook my head. What an interesting conversation.