corbyn 🌌 ready

I was out on the balcony playing with the bracelet on my wrist, looking out onto the sea, waves crashing, people surfing in the distance.

I felt arms snake around me, I looked over and saw Corbyn, he kissed my temple sweetly.

"hi baby"

I smiled and turned to him and put my head on his chest. He hugged me tight as we swayed back and forth slowly.

"you okay?"
"yeah I was just thinking"
"may I ask what's on our mind love"
"...i'm really lucky, I have everything I could ever want, I get to live in an amazing city in an amazing house with my amazing boyfriend. I have great friends and family who are here for me but...I feel like something is missing"
"what do you feel is missing?"
"I don't really know...well I kinda do but i'm scared"
"scared of?"
"scared of what you'll say"
"me? no baby you can tell me anything"
"are you sure?"
"yes of course 100% come here let's sit down"

He sat down on the beanbag and I sat next to him, he pulled me closer and put my legs over his lap rubbing my thigh slowly.

"what's up?"
"...I...I feel like i'm ready for the next step"
"what do you mean?"
"well you know I've always wanted to be a mom and I feel like i'm ready and my life is in this perfect place rightnow and it feels right"

I looked away being scared to see his reaction, he smiled and pulled me closer.

"I love you so much"
"I love you too"
"I've been waiting for you to say that for months"
"really?"
"yes, I mean I wasn't gonna bud in and tell you because it's your body and at the end of the day it's your choice"

I hugged him tight, he hugged me back. I pulled my head back and kissed him.

"a mini you she's gonna be so cute"
"what if it's a boy"
"both would be perfect"
"twins?"
"ideally"
"omg"

We laughed and hugged each other tight again.

——

I was at home waiting for Corbyn to come home, I was so excited to tell him the news. I heard the door open and close, making me jump up and go to the door.

Corbyn looked up at me and smiled, I hugged him tight excitedly. He laughed and hugged me back.

"hi, in a good mood?"
"yes close your eyes"

he looked at me confused before closing his eyes, I grabbed the test out of my back pocket and put it in his hand.

"open!"

he opened his eyes and looked down, he realized what it was and read the screen 'pregnant'

He looked up at me with a big smile on his face. He picked me up and twirled me around.

"are you really?!"
"yes"
"omg thank you thank you thank you"

we were both crying at this point, he put me down and kissed me before bending down and leaving kisses all over my stomach. I laughed and hugged him.

"I love you so much, this is the best news ever"
"I love you more"
"how far along are you?"
"about a month"
"my god, i'm so happy"

I chuckled and kissed him, this is the beginning of the biggest adventure of our lives.