"What is so funny?" he hears Svetlana asking from behind him.

He turns back to find her settled on their bed. He walks back into the room as he stared at her smiling at him lovingly. Svetlana loved him and has been waiting for him for years. He wished that he find it in his heart the wish to love her but he didn't. He couldn't love her or anyone else. He didn't want to. There was only one Omkara Singh Oberoi and there was only one Gauri Omkara Singh Oberoi for him. He wondered whether she changed her name now to Gauri Dixit? Or had she gone back to Gauri Kumari Sharma?

"What is it?" Svetlana asks.

Omkara keeps staring at her without a word. Seeing him looking at her angrily, Svetlana finally gets the message and gets up from his bed. The moment she got up from the bed he looks away.

"I need an answer, Om." Svetlana tells him.

"I was just wool gathering." Omkara replies.

"I am not talking about that and you know it." Svetlana tells him angrily.

"My answer is still the same as it was five years ago." Omkara replies. He hears her sharp intake of breath. "And it will never change."

"I have been waiting for you for the last five years." Svetlana furiously tells him.

"I never asked you to." Omkara reminds her.

"I love you." Svetlana tells him helplessly.

"I don't love you." Omkara tells her looking in the eye.

"Why you still love her?" Svetlana asks disgusted.

Omkara ignores her.

"She left you for someone else! She didn't think you were worthy of her love. I am the one who has loved you always, not her." Svetlana cruelly reminds him.

"Leave, Svetlana." Omkara tells her. Svetlana furiously turns to leave when he tells her "And stop coming into my room like this. People will start talking. The servants are already talking. Let me tell you, no matter what is at stake I will never marry you. If your name gets slandered in the mud then it is your doing and not mine. So never expect me to act to save your honor." Omkara warns her angrily. Svetlana furiously leaves slamming the door shut.

Omkara furiously takes a cigarette and lights it. He hears the door opening and looks furiously at it thinking Svetlana had come back but he sees his mother standing there. He doesn't even bother hiding his cigarette. He had started smoking when he was in college but he had always been careful in hiding it from his parents. Gauri knew about this bad habit of his and had been against it. He had decided to give it up for her and was slowly cutting down on the habit. But then she had betrayed him and left him. Now he didn't care who saw him smoking or who got hurt seeing him smoke, he just did what he wanted.

"What is it, Mom?" Omkara asks losing his patience seeing his mother looking sadly at him. He knew why she was here. He also knew it was her who had sent Svetlana to his room a few minutes back to talk to him about marriage. She had been trying to get him to marry Svetlana ever since his divorce was finalized. Svetlana was her friend's daughter.

"Why are you doing this?" Jhanvi asks sadly.

"Doing what?"

"Ruining your life like this? Svetlana is a nice girl and she has been waiting for you since Gauri left you. Please just forget Gauri and marry her. Gauri was nothing but a cheat." Jhanvi begs him.

"Gauri was a cheat, I am not. I vowed she will be the only girl in my life and I'll not go back on my word." Omkara tells her.

"What are you going to get by that?" Jhanvi asks sobbing.