Twenty-eight

Author's pov
It was a normal day and Death Rose was just peacefully sitting on her bed while sipping her hot tea while looking through the window.

Unfortunately, the girl Kyung Mi did not wake up yet so she took the opportunity to take control of her body. No one was in the room besides her and the sounds of the clock ticking.

She sighed until she suddenly moves her hands towards her lips. A sudden memory still lingering in her mind.

"Next time I'll show you how I'm titled the world's deadliest assassin."

"That stupid son of a gun really does have a death wish." Rose scoffed as she mutters at herself.

And as if its on cue, a knock was heard on her door while waiting for her response.

Usually, if it was Hangyeom or any doctors and nurses, they will just knock on the door and barge in, but this one was waiting for her permission.

Death Rose didn't respond and pulled up the covers, pretending to fall asleep.

She heard the door opened abruptly as the mysterious visitor went inside her room.

He was holding a rose in one hand, the other hand holding some fruits.

"How long are you planning to fake your sleep, Death Rose?" He said as Rose opened her eyes in shock.

"How did yo-" Her words were cut off as the man was only inches away from her face.

He smirked before continuing.

"You sure got me well last time, Death Rose and now it's payback time." He dangerously leans forward towards her.

'I don't think so, Zero..." She muttered before landing a kick on his groin.

He immediately backed away as he cries. His hands were placed on his crotch, trying to soothe the pain which was given by the dangerous girl in front of him.

"Y-Yah!! Why'd you do that for!?" Zero whines as he glares at the girl. 

She didn't show any reactions to his pathetic state but just stare at him with no emotions at all behind those red eyes. 

"Do me a favor and get out of here once you're done whining over your stupid dick." She snapped before lying back on her bed with the bed sheets on her. 

Zero manages to calm down but the pain was still bearable for him to resist. He took the seat that was close to him and sat down, observing her.

No one was talking. Silence engulfed the whole room.

"I urm bought you some fruits." Zero started but receive no response from her. 

He sighed before continuing. 

"Look I don't know what I did that made you despise me. I'm just as confused as anyone around here. One minute you're that fearless, daring, dangerous criminal and another minute you're just a helpless, innocent, scared teenage girl and I'm... I don't know who you are! Are you bipolar or something?!" Zero confessed. 

Death Rose's eyes softened at his statement. She knew he would have those thoughts about her. That's why she prefers to be work alone and be alone so no one will ever question her identity. 

"Please just... look, I know our first meeting was kinda... well a disaster but I'm working with you now so, please... I just wanna help. Tell me the truth, Rose..." Rose widened her eyes as she glanced at the man through the reflections of the window in front of her. 

No one had genuinely wanted to help her, not even her mother or her brother. Everyone thought she was fine when she was not. 

She built her walls high, covered her emotions behind those red eyes yet no one seems to think she was not fine from the beginning.