Forty-Seven

||Things are getting much darker than I predicted||

Third person's pov

"Don't let them get near the main system!" One of the guards yelled as Killer Rouge skillfully maneuvers across the guards, dodging every bullet incoming her way and killing off a few of her enemies. 

Zero tails Killer Rouge as he tries to approach the system. He did try to help take down the guards but as planned, she is distracting the guards so he can get closer and hack the system files. 

But when Zero got close to the system, Agent Park shot him in the shoulder, causing him to stumble back as Agent Park points the gun at him in a warning. Zero grits his teeth and pulls out his gun to shoot Agent Park. 

Agent Park sprints and manages to dodge his bullets along the way. As soon as he sees an opportunity, he didn't hesitate to fire again. This time he manages to shot Zero's legs. 

 Zero falls to the ground, grunting in pain as Agent Park stood in front of him with his gun on his head. He forces himself to look up and as if realization hit him, he felt as if he saw this gun somewhere.

"You!" Yes, he remembered. The rookie agent who took down the Black Spade Mafia Gang back in the USA. The agent he swears to take revenge on for his fallen members. 

Agent Park saw how Zero was still able to get up so he decided to land another bullet straight at his back. Zero chokes for a second due to the sudden surge of pain coursing through his body, now he can't move at all, and even breathing was already a troublesome thing to do. 

"K-Killer... R-Rouge..." He mutters with his eyes stayed wide open. He is totally taken down yet his other hand still holds his grip on the USB drive. 

Suddenly, Killer Rouge lands a hard kick on Agent Park, and luckily for him, he raises his arm in defense to block her kick. Killer Rouge lands back and turns around to check on Zero who is shaking violently. "T-The...d-drive..." 

She heard him uttered trembling and he insisted for Killer Rouge to finish the job so she can obtain her freedom. But instead of taking the drive, she inserts her finger on the bullet wound on Zero's back and that causes Zero to screamed in agony at her sudden approach. 

Even Agent Park wasn't expecting that.

"What a shame. You might as well give up and die, Zero. You're not even going to make it out alive." Zero glanced at Killer Rouge who has a sneaky grin on her face. He can't believe that she would betray him in the end.

"What good use is it for me if I do get my hands on the system? I'm not your toy to control anyway." And with that, Killer Rouge fires a bullet straight through Zero's head. The sudden blood splatter on the ground was enough to make Agent Park gagged.

He was confused but way shocked at the sudden betrayal. An assassin killing another assassin? It's not something you'd witness every day.

Killer Rouge gets off of Zero and averts her attention towards the last agent standing in front of him. 

Agent Park.

He holds his gun with shaky grips but fixes his gaze at her as she slowly waltzes towards him.

"Why'd you kill him?! Isn't he... your partner?!" Agent Park yelled as he clenches his gun. Killer Rouge only smiled under her mask disguise and replied. "He's weak. I simply don't need to work with someone who's no fit to be my partner."