Eleven

Jimin's pov
" That will be all for today's meeting. Kindly hand in your reports on my desk by this week." Mr. Bang dismissed the meeting and everyone got up and left the room.

"Hey Taera, where's Inspector Choi? I haven't seen her all day today, is something going on?" I asked Taera before she got up from her seat. She looked surprised and glanced at her wristwatch.

"Oh well... today's the 12th of April..." Taera muttered and clutch her files in her hands before she can continue.

"Its the day when Inspector Choi's family died in that bombing incident 20 years ago.."

**********************************
I arrived at the cemetery Taera told me where Inspector Choi could be. Don't get me wrong I'm not here just to see whether Inspector Choi is here but also pay a visit to someone.

I take the flowers which I bought from a florist shop nearby and exited my car before walking towards the cemetery.

There weren't that many people here today since it was a regular working hour. While walking, I noticed a familiar look across the cemetery.

It's non-other then Inspector Choi.

Man, I've never seen the inspector this lifeless before. Not that I'm casually happy about that.

She was wearing her normal work attire with a jacket around her since the weather has been cold these days. Taera said the Inspector always take the day off on the 12th of April to see her deceased family at the cemetery. But I didn't expect her to be wearing her work attire while visiting.

Is she planning to go to work after this??

I walked towards her at a slow pace while admiring the breeze of today's weather. She must have sensed my presence as she starts fixing her hair and outfit before staring back at the tombstone.

"Nice weather today huh Inspector." I started as I glanced around.

'Wow Park Jimin, what a great way to start a conversation jeez. That's why you can never get yourself a chick.' I mentally facepalm.

"What are you doing here Agent Park.." She said breaking the silents. Man, she does sound dead inside.

"You weren't at the meeting today and I heard you would be here so I thought maybe I...you know... pay you a visit?" I scratch the back of my head as she continues to glare at me. Giving me the 'oh really' look.

She turned back to face the tombstone with her gloomy eyes.

"It's been gloomy for me today if you're wondering Agent Park.." She mumbled. She was still looking at the tombstone.

I turned my head towards the tombstone where she was looking.

Choi Sanghee
Beloved wife and mother
September 10, 1969 - April 12, 2000

"Is she... your mother?" I asked, carefully using words that won't trigger her or something.

She stood still but eventually sigh and nodded.

"I have a similar name with her don't I..." She forces a chuckle from her lips.

"My father named me after a name which is similar to my mother. Said I may resemble her features."

"They died in a hospital on the day my younger sister was born." She explained trying her best to look professional.

"By now, she should be around 20 years old more or less ..." She mumbled while trying to figure out how old is her sister.