Twenty One

Kyung Mi's pov

"No way Jimin, you have got to be kidding me!" I said once Jimin revealed one of his funny secrets.

"Yes Kyung Mi, I was bitten by a dog because I thought that the dog had sexy legs and I wanted to catch it." Jimin explained while hiding his face behind his palm in second embarrassment. 

I couldn't help but to slightly laugh at his confession before I ended up bursting into tears.

"I'm s-sorry Jimin. Y-you're just s-so hilarious!" I apologized, trying to calm my breathing but it was no use.

"Yah! That was a long time ago. I was only just an innocent kid!" Jimin defends as I finally manage to stop laughing.

 In case you're wondering, after getting brunch Jimin drove us to Lotte World Aquarium. It's kinda random but he stated that he was in the mood for it and besides, I never went to an aquarium before so I just agreed. 

Once Jimin bought the tickets, we went inside. 

"You seriously never been to an aquarium before?" Jimin asked while I just shooked my head before wandering around the unfamiliar place.

"I only saw people went to the aquarium on TVs. It must be nice seeing fishes so up close am I right?" I said with an excited tone.

"Well just be careful while you wander around. Don't want you getting lost in here since it's quite dark." Jimin said as I followed behind his footsteps.

Then we spent around 2 hours in the aquarium, well it's typically me just staring at the fishes behind the glass walls that were separating us. 

Jimin never complained of how long I took to just admired the sea creatures. It's fun to interact with them despite them listening or not to me.

Hey, I also managed to pet a shark and a stingray.

"Here, you must be thirsty. I bought you some ice tea." Jimin walked over and handed the drink he just bought from the nearby vending machine. 

I thanked and grab the drink from him. He smiled before taking the seat next to me on the bench.

"So how was it? Your first experience to the aquarium." Jimin asked as I just give him a wide smile.

"It's amazing! Thanks for bringing me here Jimin, although I do think I should give my side of the price of the ticket." I suggested but he just shook his head.

"Don't Kyung Mi, I want you to enjoy and have some fun." Jimin stated as he grabs my hand assuring me that it's fine.

I smile before hanging my head low. He looked at me worriedly before asking whether I'm feeling alright and I just nodded. 

"It's just... no one has been this nice to me before in my life..." I said but Jimin just continues to look at me.

"My mother and Han Gyeom are very secretive. Han Gyeom is always over-concern with my whereabouts and pretty much babying me all the time to even care what makes me happy and for my mother... well, it's a shame that I barely even know her because she was never there for me." I explained, not afraid of showing my disappointment to him. 

"What about your father?" Jimin asked with a concerned look on his face.

"I never knew my father's existence. Every time I mentioned it to my mother, she'll get all... mad and I'll end up being locked in my room. Han Gyeom never really cared about it, he'll just assure me that we're better off without a father." I continued.

"But deep down... I just want to be loved. Despite Han Gyeom's overprotective attitude, all I ever felt is just... loneliness."   

"Well, you have friends who care about you right? Like m-" 

"Not that kind of love, Jimin." I cut him off.

"I just wanna experience the love you get from a family. Parental love to be more precise." I stated as I wiggle my legs due to the numbness. 

"You can experience more than just love from friends. There's love from your family, your parents, your siblings, and even your pet." 

He chuckled at my statement. 

"The only genuine love I ever received was from Mr. Bang himself. He was the only one who never mocked me from being born to a broken and tragic family,  he even decided to take me in as his own son." Jimin said as he reminded himself about his past.

"Unlike you, I thought I had nothing more than a happy family until one day, I witnessed my mother murdering my father in the living room late at night."  I covered my mouth with my palm in shock. How can his mother do such a thing like that?

"She ruined our whole family from that they on. After that incident, she placed me for adoption and I was immediately sent to the orphanage without knowing why and without her giving me one last goodbye before disappearing from my life ever again." Jimin said with slight anger in his tone. 

I noticed how stiff his hand was as he crushes the can with his bare hands, letting all his pain and anger into his fist as he crushes the can. I placed my palm over his and once he felt my palm, he relaxed a bit as he eased his hand. 

"At least we still have each other right? You and me." I said as I gestured my fingers to him and back to me. He gave me his usual eye smile before stating.

"Thank you, Kyung Mi." He said as I leaned my head towards his shoulders while admiring the peaceful scenery in front of us and that's how we ended up chatting and spilling our secrets. We were both constantly opening up to each other. 

"Hey, should we get going now, Kyung Mi?" Jimin suggested and I nodded before getting up with him, heading towards the exit. 

############################################
Author's pov

While the two were having a great time together, they didn't noticed someone was watching them from afar. 

'Kyung Mi... How interesting this event has shown up.' He thought to himself before his personal assistant came towards him.

"Young master Zero, I'm afraid it's time to break bread with Master Centino at the hideout now. The car is ready outside as we speak." Mark interrupted and Zero turned around to his direction.

"Say Mark, remember that little favor I requested a few days ago?" Zero mentioned.

"Is it about that background check on Miss Death Rose, young master?" Zero nodded.

"I'll have all the pieces of information you need back at your room by tonight if you are in a hurry, young master." Mark said.

"No... Take all the time you need, Mark. Just..."

"Could you do another background check for me, Mark?" Zero asked and Mark just looks at him in confusion.

"And who is it this time young master?" Mark questioned and Zero pulled out his phone and showed him a picture that he took just now of Jimin.

"Run a background check on this guy that's with Rose now and passed it to me while you're done with both." Zero stated.

Mark looked at the picture until he can get a clear picture of the boy who he's soon gonna have to check on.

"As you wish, young master."

|| My internet is being such a dick for not letting me connect to my devices :( and I apologize if you not like the idea of going to an aquarium for a first date :') because I'm not good at writing date scenes. Anyways, enjoy and stay tuned~||