Thirty-six

Kyung Mi's pov

"Did you see what happened in there, Kyung?! I heard there was someone among the hostages who stood up to the shooters. I mean that's totally insane and not to mention, she literally ripped them apart!" Young Rae exclaims while the paramedic cleans up the wound on my shoulder.  The current situation is under control, the cops are heading into the building to investigate after confirming that all the hostages were out and get treated if necessary.

"I saw Jimin arrived at the scene with the SIA troops. Thank goodness he managed to find you but tell me, how did you get yourself injured." I stare at my wound. Strangely I remembered everything, even after almost getting killed by one of the shooters. 

I was shot trying to save an agent.

"I guess I scraped it? I couldn't remember how I got injured honestly." I lied. Young Rae seems to buy it before letting a sigh out in relief.

"Your wounds are clean. It's probably best if you come by the hospital to get it checked further after treated." The paramedic explains and cleans up the treatment.

"Hey Kyung, your brother is calling you through my phone." I widened my eyes.

"No worries. I'll deal with him. You stay here and get some rest, Jimin might come over to check up on you." Young Rae excuses herself and went to go pick up the call. "I can tell that wound wasn't a normal scratch..."

I turned around to face the paramedic who had a look of concern in her eyes. "I...I actually got shot, while trying to get out." I lowered my head while muttering.

"Are there any more injuries on your body?" She asked, trying to help me get treated but I refuse to give her consent as I tugged on my shirt.

"I-I'm fine. Thanks for treating the bullet wound." I expressed my gratitude before leaving the ambulance car. 

I remembered everything. That woman took control of my body and killed those shooters while I stayed numb there unable to interpret what was going on. It's as if watching a horror movie on a Saturday night yet it felt so real. 

For now, I am most likely able to communicate with her through mirrors. 

But why now?

Why would she appear in my life now? 

And above all...

What did she mean by no point saving myself? Save myself from what!?

I was startled when I felt someone pat me on the back. I glance behind and saw Jimin waving at me with a grin.

"The medic said you left the moment you got your wound treated. How are you feeling?" He asked.

"Urm... Yeah. I feel fine. Don't worry about it." I scratched the back of my head as I replied to Jimin. One thing for sure is I can't let anyone know that it was me who killed those terrorists. Well, technically it wasn't me in the right state of mind. But you get my point. 

I can't let Jimin or anyone from the Seoul Intelligence Agency know what happened or else I'll be label as a psycho. "Well, I'm glad you're safe. By the way, did you by any chance saw anyone who... help the hostages escape the building?" 

Urm, Yes. You are looking at the one.

"No... it was too dark. I-I couldn't see much but followed the rest yet I got separated and hid in one of the nearby stores." I explained.

"Ah...I see. Well then, shall I-"

"Agent Park!"

We heard someone calling from a distance and one of the cops came towards us. "You need to come and see this sir. Team BTS and Inspector Choi are waiting for you." Jimin sighed before nodding at the officer that he will be there soon.

"You should get going. Don't worry, I still have Young Rae with me."

"Alright. But do text me when you reach home safely kay." Jimin pinched my nose teasingly and left with the officer to their meeting spot. A few minutes later, Young Rae's back but by the looks of it. Hangyeom isn't too happy to hear the news.

"He says that he wants you back home this instant." 

And I know all too well this ain't gonna end well.

***
Third person's pov

"She had really pretty red eyes, sir. And she was wearing a hood and a cool mask where you can only see her eyes. She saved me from one of the shooters and I even thanked her."

"Despite saving us, she didn't really say that she was working with the calvary."

"I didn't really see her face but I remembered she killed a shooter who almost shot her but she dodges it."

"She killed the shooter when he figured out her identity so we didn't really dare to even try to expose her identity."

The team gathered around while listening to the testimony of the hostages who encountered their mysterious heroine. After hearing all the details, they could only deduce that the heroine was...

"Death Rose." Agent V gritted his teeth at the mention of the name.

"But why would an assassin do such deeds. Aren't they working for the same motive? To make this world a living nightmare where they can have all the power they want." Inspector Choi knitted her eyebrows, contemplating the strange sudden behavior of the world's claimed deadliest assassin.

"Something just doesn't add up." Everyone diverted their attention to Agent JK.

"I remember confronting someone when the hostages were making their escape on the second floor. At first, I thought she was one of the shooters but she saved me from a sniper before I panicked and shot her." Agent JK added.

"The agents from SIA have always been in a feud with the assassin organization. So, why an assassin would save their enemies' life? It would have made more sense if they just kill me right off the bat." Jimin stayed silent before adding.

"She hesitated to even kill me back at the basement and I don't even know why. But she just fled the scene and didn't even bother about the bomb."

The team was speechless. It was definitely their first time encountering such a scenario. Inspector Choi instructs the crew to retrieve every security footage taken within the building and gather every trace or evidence to run a DNA test if possible.

"There's no doubt it's Death Rose. I'll have the footages and samples analyze as soon as possible. This case was a close call considering that the bomb wasn't in place but it could be our first step to exposing the identity of our enemy." Inspector Choi glances at Agent Park.

"The sooner we get to figure out, the sooner you can finish her off, Agent Park."

Jimin did not respond to that as he just stood there. For some reason, he promised to catch the assassin and put their whole organization out of business for good since his first day in Korea. But he hasn't gotten anything close until this day. 

He is starting to think maybe assigning Inspector Choi would be up for the task since she's the so-called experience one.

***

"You sure you got this?" Young Rae asks in nervousness as soon as she and Kyung Mi arrived at Kyung Mi's house. Knowing what probably awaits her in there.

"He is my brother, Rae. He wouldn't do anything to harm me." Kyung Mi reassures before getting out of the car. After bidding their farewells, and Young Rae driving off, Kyung Mi heaves a sigh.

She unlocks her front door with the house key and went inside. The creaking sound of the door echoed the living room and she is greeted by total darkness. "Hangyeom?" She called out for him and searched for him within the dark.

However, she stumbles a little as she felt someone back hugging her. A palm covered her face and his face leaning close to her neck, breathing and grinning maliciously. 

"Sweet little Rose... is finally home." 

She widened her eyes in fear. 

That was definitely not her brother's voice.

||Unedited||