Happy Birthday Miu!

As the sky turned from scarlet to lavender, Miu just couldn't calm down. Tomorrow was Miu's birthday! Today was Friday, so there really was no rush to go to sleep, but Kaede needed Miu to go to sleep, because she planned something special for Miu tomorrow.

"Hey, don't you think it's time to settle down?" It's nearly nine-thirty." Kaede asked, as calm as she could.

"What are you up to? You sound.. too nice." Miu squinted at Kaede, messing with some spare wires.

"I'm just trying to get you to go to sleep. Don't you feel the tiniest bit sleepy?"

"No, now stop being a grouch." Miu stuck her tongue out.

'Ouch.' Kaede thought.

Silence passed, and Miu began jumping on the bed.

"You're going to hit your head again.." Kaede warned.

"When did I ever hit my head?"

"That one time.. pssh, never mind." Kaede stopped.

After waiting a while, Kaede grabbed Miu's ankle, making Miu fall into her arms.

"That's better." Kaede said, resting her head onto Miu's shoulder.

"Hey, guess what." Miu said, smiling mischievously.

"What?"

"I like you how I like my emotions."

"Really? And how is that?"

"Buried deep inside of me." Miu winked at Kaede, making Kaede blush a little and laugh.

"Where'd you find that one?" Kaede asked, snuggling into Miu's shoulder.

"I made it up myself." Miu bluffed.

"No way."

"You're right." Miu could never keep up a lie for too long.

The two lay in silence for a little.

"I'm hungry." Miu leant over to face Kaede.

"What are you hungry for?" Kaede asked.

"Something sweet." Miu kissed Kaede on the lips. Once they disconnected, she said "Hmm.. that should do."

(A/N: it's 4am rn and I swear I just saw a ghost in the hallway.)

Miu leaned in for another kiss, and so did Kaede. Their lips connected, the two engaged in a passionate French kiss. When they broke away, Miu rested on Kaede's chest.

"I love you."

"L-love you too."

Not soon after, the two fell into a peaceful slumber.

~the next morning~

Like usual, Kaede awoke before Miu. Kaede took a shower, and got dressed. Seeing that it was too early to wake Miu up, she decided to go buy Miu some coffee.

By the time she got back, Miu still wasn't awake. Considering what she had planned for this afternoon, she'd have to wake Miu up right now, and she knew the perfect way to do it.

Kaede moved a piece of hair out of Miu's face and kissed her forehead.

"Miu, wake up." Kaede whispered, not really expecting to wake up her sleeping girlfriend.