Kotoko Plus Jataro!

Around two months ago, Kotoko asked for a sibling. She said she didn't care if it was a boy or a girl. But being a child, she'd forgotten about this completely. Kaede and Miu hadn't .

In fact, they were acting on this right then. They were driving back home with their new son, Jataro. Jataro and his new parents knew each other pretty well, considering they'd been visiting him often over the course of two months.

Jataro knew about Kotoko, but it wasn't vise versa. This was supposed to be a surprise to Kotoko. Lord knows how they managed to set up a whole new room for him.

Between the two, there was only a three month age gap. Jataro being older.

(A/N: I went on Wikipedia to see when their birthdays were, and it says Jataro's is on February 29th? It's a leap year thing, and I don't understand how birthdays work on days like that. Imma play it safe and say March 1st.)

Kotoko, who was at home, being babysat by Angie, asked the same question over and over; "When are mom and mama coming back?"

Angie always said "They'll be back soon." But really, she didn't know when they'd come back. Angie knew that what they were doing could take some time.

It was around 9:30, and Kotoko was dozing off. She'd never really stayed up past 8:30. When Angie suggested sleep, Kotoko insisted on waiting for Miu and Kaede to get home. To say the least, she was out of it.

A few minutes later, the couple arrived with Jataro. When they opened the door, they found Kotoko asleep on the couch, right next to Angie. Neither parent was surprised. Jataro hid behind Kaede's leg, a little shy.

"Oh, she's sleep." Miu said, in a flattish tone.

"No big surprise." Angie giggled, walking over to Jataro. "Hello, little one!"

Jataro waved in response. Angie, seeming to think Jataro's response was good enough, looked up at Miu and Kaede.

"Atua blesses you!" Angie told them, as she made her way out the door. She waved goodbye, and left the family to their own devices.

Kaede instructed Miu to carry Kotoko to her room, and Miu did, leaving Kaede to take Jataro to his room. Kaede showed Jataro to his room, and he seemed ecstatic. He'd never had his own room before. Kaede told him where all of his clothes were, where his toys would be, and where his shoes were.

Kaede tucked him into bed, and read him a story. He seemed to settle right in, falling asleep before she finished the story. Kaede kissed his forehead, and left.

She went into hers and Miu's bedroom and found Miu, already dressed for bed.

"Jeez, what took you so long?" Miu asked flipping through channels.

"I read him a story." Kaede grabbed her pajamas and got changed.

"Can you read me a story?" Miu joked.

Kaede laughed a little and climbed into bed. "Go to sleep."

"I don't need sleep." Miu threw the remote, dissatisfied with the channels on tv.

"We have to be up early tomorrow, remember?" Kaede pulled the blankets over herself and Miu.

"Eh, fine then. But you have to turn the tv off."

"You just threw the remote!" The blonde flicked her wife's forehead, making the inventor flinch.

"Fine, fine." Miu got up, and turned the tv off. "Night."

"Goodnight." Kaede wrapped her arms around Miu's waist.

~the next morning~

Kaede woke Miu up at 6:30 the next morning. Kaede instructed for Kaede to get into the shower, then to get dressed. Kaede'd planned something for the day.