Because Like.. All Cause Like..

(A/N:The title is a cliche song lyric, but like, why not?)

Kaede sat up, glancing at the digital clock in disbelief. How had they slept that long? She looked over at Miu, who was sound asleep, holding onto Kaede's hand desperately.

Kaede smiled, then frowned. This 'twenty minute nap' was really going to mess up their sleep schedule. She should probably wake Miu up now.

The blonde leaned towards her girlfriend and brushed the hair off of her forehead. Kaede kissed Miu's forehead and whispered, "Wake up, sweetheart."

The feeling of Kaede's soft lips on Miu's forehead woke Miu up gently, and Kaede's words made her blush. Miu slowly opened her eyes, and looked up at Kaede, who was smiling a gentle smile.

"Good morning.." Miu sat up, rubbing her eyes.

"It's not morning. Actually, it's almost six in The afternoon."

"What?! How did we sleep that long?!"

Kaede shrugged. That's something neither of them would know. Kaede got up to stretch, while Miu went to the bathroom. What should they do with the rest of the day? Possibly night, too. Kaede knew that the two of them weren't going to get sleep.

They did need to go grocery shopping, considering they hadn't gone in a while. Kaede, being a nice a courteous person, opened the door on Miu.

"We're going grocery shopping." Kaede closed the door after Miu threw something at her.

Kaede began getting dressed, and Miu exited the bathroom soon after. Kaede was facing the other way, so Miu figured the timing was perfect. Miu grabbed the deodorant off of the dresser, and threw it at Kaede's head.

Amazingly, Kaede caught the deodorant.

"Wha-" Miu was speechless.

"You're really predictable. I saw that one coming from a mile away." Kaede tossed the deodorant back to Miu. "Now hurry up and get dressed."

Miu caught the deodorant, frowning. She proceeded to get dressed, carefully planning her revenge.

After the two girls arrived at the store, Miu began begging for a multitude of un-needed items. The answer was always "No, Miu."

By now, Kaede made a mental note to never bring Miu to the store.

"Miu, you sound like a kid. We can't buy all of this stuff." Kaede said, pointing to the pile of things Miu had thrown into the basket.

"But why? This stuff seems pretty important to me." Miu held her head up high, looking for more stuff that she wanted.

"We don't need a thirty-two pack of Mountan Dew." Kaede began putting things back.

"Wh- no!" Miu tugged on whatever item Kaede was putting back. Kaede easily overpowered Miu, and put everything that they didn't need back.

"Hmm.." Kaede tapped her chin, looking at Miu, who was on the floor, throwing a tantrum, tears and all.

A few moments later, Kaede was dropping Miu off at the children's section.

"I'll see you after I'm done shopping." Kaede kissed Miu's forehead and made her way to the exit. "Behave!"

Miu sat there, eyeing all of the small children. Why was she in here? She didn't want to be with these germ ridden, slobbering, eejits! Miu shrugged. While she was here, she might as well make a few enemies.

Just as Kaede was checking out, she heard "Kaede Akamatsu, please come get your child." over the loud speakers. Kaede blushed. This was embarrassment at its finest. Kaede payed for everything and hurried back to the children's section.

From what the caretakers said, Kaede knew that a few kids tried to sacrifice Miu, and she reacted by kicking, screaming, and crying. Kaede could see a few ominous looking children squealing for the joy of squealing. Miu ran up to Kaede, with tears in her eyes.

What am I going to do with her? Kaede thought, as she wrapped her arms around Miu, making her desperate cries slowly fade.

"Thanks for-" Kaede stopped. She couldn't thank a child caregiver for taking care of her girlfriend, who was the same age as her.

The two girls walked home, Miu clinging desperately to Kaede.

"Did you have any fun there at all?" Kaede asked, trying to lighten the atmosphere.

"Mmph." Miu looked up at Kaede, giving her the 'it's all your fault' look. Kaede looked away, feeling particularly guilty.

"Next time I go shopping, you're staying home. I think you know why."

"So be it then. I don't wanna go back to that hellhole." Miu got off of Kaede and stiffened her posture.

A minute or so went by, neither of them talking. Kaede didn't mind. In fact, she thought the silence was nice. Miu however, hated it. She thought the atmosphere was awkward, and heavy to her and Kaede—but it turned out that she was just overthinking it.

Eventually, the two got home, and Kaede told Miu to put the groceries away. Miu (surprisingly) complied. After Miu finished, she collapsed onto the bed.

Kaede, who was on her phone, looked over at Miu. "What do you wanna do now?"

"Sleeping is definitely out of the question." Miu tossed her phone up and down.

"Wanna play some board games?" Kaede turned her phone screen off and looked at Miu.

Miu looked at Kaede. "Yeah!"

A few moments later, the girls were on the floor, playing Monopoly. Both girls were highly aggressive, so the game lasted a while.

They started playing at 7pm. At 12am, Miu got up to get snacks. Either of them checked the time.

The two played and played, until Miu won. Naturally, Kaede flipped the board, and poured until Miu cleaned the game pieces up.

"Welp, guess it sucks to suck." Miu bragged, speaking how italic words look.

"Suck what?" Kaede asked smugly.

"Your toes." Miu joked, making a licking motion with her tongue.

Kaede laughed and hit Miu lightly on the forehead. "You're stupid."

"Hi, I'm stupid, what's your name?"

Kaede laughed a little. "Shut up..!"

"I've never heard of anyone named 'shut up' before."

The two girls laughed for a bit until Kaede said, "Hey, what time is it?"

Miu picked her phone up and checked the time. "It's six-forty-five!"

"Am?" Kaede seemed surprised.

"Am!"

"How?!"

"I guess we stayed up all night."

"Let's hurry up and get ready then!" Kaede grabbed Miu's hand and led her to the bathroom, where the two girls took a shower.

They got dressed, and left quickly. They got coffee and got to Hopes Peak.

Upon getting to the classroom, they realized they'd gotten there around fifteen minutes early. Therefore, no one was there. Miu, being the genius she was, she decided to push Kaede into a closet.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Word count:1092
You ever hug yourself, and be grateful that you're alive? If you don't, do. And if you won't, I want to know your location.