Chapter Eleven.

G R A I Z E N

"You need to control your Rex."

Those words didn't even register in my head as I pounded on the metal doors. I felt arms around me, attempting to pull me back. I didn't even blink as I threw them off me. The only thing I could hear was my ragged breathing and the sound of the metal echoing as my fists pounded against it.

"Get me out of this damn city."

I pulled at my hair, pounding against the metal once more before my body collapsed onto cement. I didn't even attempt to hide the tears that poured from my face as I pictured her golden eyes above mine. It felt like a lifetime since I was able to hold her body against mine. I had failed her once again. Failure seems to be the only thing I'm capable of in this life.

"Graizen, Graizen, listen to me-"

The familiar voice rang in my ears. I stared in front of me, as her eyes slowly came into view. I grabbed her by the shoulders, relief flowing through me. Aster.

"Thia." I gasped. "I can't stay in this shit city another second knowing she's out there. I can't Aster. I'm going mad."

"We're going to find her." Aster repeated over and over again. The words meant nothing to me in this moment. Aster could be saying anything to calm me down. I felt my body being dragged forward as Killiam's voice echoed in front of me.

"Tonight, we celebrate our newest initiates."

Initiates? The look that I gave Jax in this moment was enough for him to flinch in fear. I could feel the heat build in my palms as I imagined burning his heart to ashes. Thia's eyes flashed through my mind once more, instantly putting out the building flames. My girl is the only thing keeping me sane at the moment. The thought of seeing her again is the only thing keeping the pieces of my mind together. It could all slip away any second. The longer I'm away from her, the longer I'm at risk of falling apart completely. The doors opened, interrupting my thoughts.

"New York, huh?" Aster gripped onto Micah as she said this. I looked at them for longer than I should have. I envied them. Through all of this, they had each other. I had never seen a more perfect pair in my life, the two of them. They never face the problems Thia and I do. They haven't separated since they've met.

"Graizen, keep it together."

Rayner appeared beside me, stepping in between Jax and I. He could feel my anger seeping out of me, making it's way to Jax. It didn't take a detective in this moment to sense where my anger was pointing to.

"If you ever want to see Devin again, you need to get your shit together."

There wasn't a hint of playfulness in Rayner's voice. His usual sarcastic self was gone. I scanned over his eyes once more. The only emotion I saw behind them was pain. He was grieving. We all are. We've lost too much. There hasn't been time to even comprehend what we've lost, and there probably never will be a time for that. I understood Rayner as I took in his features once more. I'm not going to find Thia by losing any sanity I had left. I nodded, steadying my hand onto his shoulder. Jax didn't say a word. His watchful eyes didn't go unnoticed as we followed Killiam. My body stopped in place as the oxygen filled air hit me. Humans scattered all around us, completely unaware how vulnerable they were simply by breathing the same air as us. It's a wonder how Inferno hasn't exposed the gifted yet.