Chapter Two.

Chapter Two.

D E V I N

O N E D A Y E A R L I E R

It is said that there is a distinction between love and being in love. Each morning when I wake up to silver eyes, I feel every emotion at once. I love him and I am completely and undeniably in love with him. After we became linked, the bond between us only seemed to grow. It's almost as if I can feel his thoughts, his fears, everything. When I touch him, I feel every part of him. This has been the best thing for us, but also the worst. I can feel his pain, every doubt that runs through his mind. I can feel all of this, but only if he lets me. In an instant, he can completely block my mind from feeling all of this. Most days, it's because he says he doesn't want me to feel his pain. I know that isn't the truth. It makes him feel vulnerable, my ability to escape into his thoughts. I know this, because I've heard those thoughts in his head. I've heard every thought in his head. I'm not sure how I feel about it, because I know he can hear all of mine. I was never prepared to be linked to him this way. Aphelia explained to me it only happens to a select few. We're only able to go into the others mind while we're touching. For that I'm thankful for. I wouldn't be able to hear his thoughts the entire day, that would drive me mad.

"Thia."

Graizen called out in his sleep, causing me to sit up in our bed. He was having a nightmare. I could tell by his body language. His hands clutched to the sheets, small beads of sweat resting on the top of his forehead and along his chest. I closed my eyes as I placed a hand onto his shoulder, focusing into his mind.

-she's going to leave me. Whether it's her choice or not. Someone is going to take her away from me. Something is. I can't protect her. I can't protect her. I'm not strong enough. I never will be. One day she is going to realize it and she's going to-

I quickly jerked my hand off of his shoulder as I stared at him with wide eyes. I didn't want to listen in on his thoughts for any longer. I stroked his hair, before lightly pressing my lips against his. Graizen instantly woke up as I did this. He sat up in bed, pulling me into his arms as tingles ran through my body.

"You tend to think a lot when you're dreaming."

Graizen tensed underneath me.

"I told you not to listen to my thoughts while I'm dreaming. I can't control them."

"But they're still your thoughts and fears Graizen. I want to talk about them."

Graizen sighed as he pulled me even closer to him. His lips lightly kissed my forehead as he brushed his fingers through my hair. I sighed as I leaned into him. The room was silent for awhile as I stared into the darkness in front of us. There was a light draft in the room, creeping up my bare skin. I shivered as Graizen's lips found my neck.

"I just get scared of losing you." He kissed me once more. "You know that."

I nodded, turning around to face him completely.

"I love you." I reminded him as I softly kissed his lips. "Your soul is tethered to mine for the rest of my life."

"That's the problem." Graizen cut in. "You died on me, Thia. You were dead."

I closed my eyes as I remembered the day I took my own life. The day I stabbed a knife straight into my chest, thinking I'd put an end to everything. Visions of Demerith's arms around my neck came crashing into my brain. A shiver ran up my spine as I remember kissing Graizen for what I thought was the very last time.

"I'm gifted. I came back." I held his hands in mine. "For you. I will always come back for you."

Graizen let out a shaky breath as I pressed my lips against his. The familiar feeling of fire surrounded us as I allowed myself to get lost in every inch of him. Our thoughts were only filled with love as we escaped into each other's world.