Chapter Forty-Five.

D E V I N 

 "I do."

Ryker's voice brought me back to reality. I couldn't believe the ceremony was coming to a close, Graizen had my attention for the entirety of it. I finally turned my attention back to the couple. Aphelia was practically jumping with excitement as she looked into the eyes of her soulmate.

"Hell yeah!"

Aphelia jumped onto Ryker as they kissed. Everyone around us cheered. We all made our way back down the aisle as flower pedals were thrown at us. Ryker picked up Aphelia, as he locked his lips with hers once again. Graizen was beside me, as he placed a gentle kiss onto my cheek. I linked my arm with his, as we walked under the fake trees to the reception area. Wooden tables were set up all around, with glowing lights decorated across the ceiling of the white tent. I couldn't help but enjoy how normal this entire wedding was. Besides the fact that we are underground, this ceremony looked like any other one.

"You're smiling."

I bumped shoulders with Graizen as I said this. Everyone was getting food as music started playing. Seeing him like this was just about the only thing I wanted in this moment.

"I have to tell you something."

Graizen's face was serious as he pulled me away from the crowd of people. His arms guided me far enough away that the only thing I could hear were his light footsteps. We reached a secluded area as he placed my hands onto his chest. I could feel his heart beating sporadically under my hands as I looked into his eyes. He quickly kissed me as I leaned into him. Graizen's eyes were full of any and every emotion as he pulled away.

"I'm stupid."

He suddenly blurted out. I let out a laugh, raising a questioning eyebrow as I held his rough hands in mine. Every curve, every scar on his hand fit perfectly against mine.

"What?"

"I'm dumb. I make mistakes. I put up walls and push people away. I say the wrong things. I'm not romantic. I'm too good at being alone. I'm not a good person, Thia."

Well this is starting off well.

"Graizen that's not-"

"Let me finish, please." He gently said as he traced his thumbs along my fingers.

"I'm all of those things and more. I don't deserve you. Hell, I probably don't deserve anyone. But, I don't care. I done with hiding my feelings from you. I'm done with all of it. You're the one person I'm supposed to be with in this world and it's time I start showing you why."

An unexplainable feeling ran up my body as I looked into his silver eyes. From the moment I first looked into them, he had me captured. I tried to deny it for as long as I could, but it was only a matter of time. Graizen was mine, and I wasn't ever going to stop fighting for him. I felt overwhelmed with emotion as I squeezed his hands. The small gesture was enough to send tingles through my body.

"Devinthia, I-"

His words ceased as a look of pain crossed over his features. I jumped back in shock as a blade pierced through his chest, the head of it facing me. Blood immediately poured from him, coating his shirt. His silver eyes landed on mine as I held onto him, terror in my eyes. Everything seemed as if it were in slow motion as Graizen collapsed onto the ground. I held onto him shaking my head in denial as blood poured onto my hands.

"No, No, No, No, N-No.."

My hands were a trembling mess as I tried to stop the blood that seemed to never stop coming out of his chest. His eyes were wide as they looked into mine. I continued to hold him in my arms as I screamed into his neck. I shook my head as I trembled, sobs pouring from my body.